Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Because it's not just Joelinton we need, it's Willock as well. Both are defensively diligent 

Joe has been wider, bring him inside and he helps with Burn and we also get an outlet which we are struggling to do right now.

Would've snapped ya hand off for 0-0 half time. 

You can tell why they're top, bit like us but with a few more elite players, well drilled and confident. 

Soak up the early 2nd half onslaught then see what changes can be done. 

Edited by Groundhog63

But then you'd have ASM where Joelinton was. At the moment Joelinton and Willock are both helping Burn out.

I think Joelinton would be able to cover their work by himself if he was deeper to start with, basically.

I don’t think we’re likely to find out, mind. We have been sound defensively. We desperately need a dribbler in the team though imo. 

Just now, madras said:

Joe has been wider, bring him inside and he helps with Burn and we also get an outlet which we are struggling to do right now.

At the moment Joelinton and Willock are both helping Burn out. You bring ASM on and one of them will help Burn but ASM won't be, it's not his strength.

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Getting very tasty. I'm not sure it'll finish with 22 players on the pitch.

Outclassed for the most part, but we're hanging in there

'Hanging in there' with competent defending, tactical matching and creating arguably the best chances...

At the moment Joelinton and Willock are both helping Burn out. You bring ASM on and one of them will help Burn but ASM won't be, it's not his strength.

I know that but if we need 3 to cover Saka then it's overkill IMO.  I'd offset that with us getting an outlet

He might cause them enough of a problem to put them on the back foot mind, depending on how he's feeling. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Catch 22, we've had some joy down the right but no quality but if we do bring ASM on we can't afford to let Saka run at Burn.

Just now, madras said:

I know that but if we need 3 to cover Saka then it's overkill IMO.  I'd offset that with us getting an outlet

That's fair enough, just don't forget that we have 3 covering because we found out in the first 5 minutes that 2 wasn't enough. I take your point though