Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle United (03/01/2023)

Yorkie

Arsenal don’t make many mistakes and are able to beat our press and find players between the lines. They’re deadly. Joelinton’s however growing into the game and winning tackles. Could make the difference.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Tell you what, Trippier's delivery has been superb again. Looks our best route to a goal, by far.

So far, it's looking like our only route [emoji38]

Hopefully we can be more composed on the ball in the second half.

I'd have taken 0-0 at half time. Arsenal have basically done to us what we've done to most other teams and we're being forced into errors. We got better as the ref started to lose control of the game.

Not the performance I expected or wanted, but maybe the one that's needed? If there's a way to beat Arsenal playing our usual game we definitely haven't found it yet.

Joelinton should have scored obviously, Xhaka should be either off or have no card at all if the ref was in any way consistent.

Hopefully we improve second half.

1 minute ago, nortoon said:

Was shitting myself in the start, thought we'd be lucky to get anything. Arsenal seem  a patient and good side.

We still ended up having the best chance. And we look dangerous from set-penises. Important that we help Burn with Saka like we've been doing. Joelinton and Schar our best players for me this half.

Joe’s MOTM so far for me - really grew into the game