Anthony Gordon

Jack27

TBH I thought Maddison was a complete prick until I started listening to him and paying more attention. I thought Matt Ritchie was try-hard little prat. 

Doesn’t apply to everyone of course, but you get my point :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Are you snow flaking on the hair, clothing, or people saying rat face etc?

I just think on the pitch he's come over like a right twat, put me off ages back, not a fan and wouldn't really want us to sign him.

Just the no wont sign him becuase of his hair or clothes. And the constant calling him ugly is sinking low. But fully understand your on the pitch behaviour.

Edited by nufc123

1 minute ago, Menace said:

£40M for him is mental when Diaby is available for similar type of money.. no idea :facepalm:

A big point is he doesn’t need to adapt to another league/country like Diaby would, so obviously homegrown and better yet he’s a great fit for our current system.. is Diaby even available? How does he fit into this side/league? Im not saying he can’t I just don’t know that much about the player. 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not really arsed about his looks or his on pitch rat behaviour but can honestly say I’ve never really seen him do anything exceptional 

He’s 21 , he’s a good player 

Give him a chance. 

He is direct / pacy and will work hard for the team. Trust Howe and the management team.

He probably doesn’t rate you much either.

8 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

He’s 21 , he’s a good player 

Give him a chance. 

He is direct / pacy and will work hard for the team. Trust Howe and the management team.

He probably doesn’t rate you much either.

No one is paying millions of pounds for me. Where have I said I’m not giving him a chance? I’m more than willing to, more than most on here. Such a weird reply :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Leicester wanted 60m or so for Maddison and Gordon will likely be half that (as a starting point), so it's hardly a case of just hoying a few more million onto it.

Not just the fee too. Maddison on 5 year deal would be about £120k a week, Gordon would possibly be £60k. That's the difference of like 15 million over life of the contract.

I don't like Gordon. He seems like a twat, and on top of that it doesn't seem like he offers a whole lot more to the starting 11 than what we already have. Decent depth option. 

That being said, people who know way more about this than I (Howe, Ashworth, the scouting team etc) seem to really rate him. And I trust them. So if he is who they want, I'm onboard.

I don't get the take that being sceptical/against this sort of signing immediately translates to then not supporting him as a player if he pulls on the black and white stripes. You can do both.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I doubt we're parting with significant cash for a squad player. You'd imagine we'll ease him in with a view to taking Miggy's place.

Got to stop thinking like that mate, squad building with two players equally as good for each position, we're no small time 11 purples any more.

I mainly don't like his trousers.

But, as a footballer, what I've seen is that he's fast, works hard and can buy a foul. That's pretty much all I've noticed, so remain to be convinced. 

Maybe that's unfair taking account of how badly their whole team has been doing. Plus of course I'm not a scout.

I do wonder, though, why he's not playing - not good enough, not fit? Or being protected for a sale? 

I'm often not too convinced there's much to a lot of the speculation, though there does seem a lot of it here.  But anyway, I was reading the other transfer thread about the FFP benefits of selling a home grown player. 

From Everton's point of view, they definitely need to strengthen to stay up and have very limited FFP wiggle room. So that would make sense to sell a home grown player, so that sort of clicked. Or, I could be reading too much into that.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Got to stop thinking like that mate, squad building with two players equally as good for each position, we're no small time 11 purples any more.

We won't be buying players that we don't think are better or have the potential to be better than current first teamers. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

We won't be buying players that we don't think are better or have the potential to be better than current first teamers. 

I generalising you know, 25 players who are all decent. Trying to be a bit upbeat.

You get out much or ?