Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Scotland number 1...Scotland number 1!

Ah he'd be wasted in Goal. 

He is such a powerhouse for us. Keeps getting better and better. Wasn't expecting him to finish for his goal. So cool but an absolutle workhorse throughout. Deservedly MOTM today. 

Hard to see past him being a top five left wing player in the league for the next decade. That’s unless he starts playing other positions more regularly as he clearly has the versatility to play very well in other roles too 

5 goals, 3 assists and 2 penalties won is a really strong start to the season from him, and those stats don't even reflect what he brings in terms of work rate. Ridiculous that Southgate overlooks him. 

I thought first half he seemed quiet. But then realised he was involved in most of our good attacking play. 

Ended up getting their skipper sent off, a goal, an assist and numerous fouls won. 

Diving little scouse shithouse. But he’s ours now. 

:smitten:

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 minute ago, Andy said:

5 goals, 3 assists and 2 penalties won is a really strong start to the season from him, and those stats don't even reflect what he brings in terms of work rate. Ridiculous that Southgate overlooks him. 

Exactly. G/A numbers alone wouldn’t do him justice. He’s literally involved everywhere, and his influence to our game goes further than just how many goals or assists he may have. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought first half he seemed quiet. But then realised he was involved in most of our good attacking play. 

Ended up getting their skipper sent off, a goal, an assist and numerous fouls won. 

Diving little scouse shithouse. But he’s ours now. 

:smitten:

Yeah, didn't even think the James' sending was a foul let alone another card. 

Still, James did play himself into that position.

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Not as bad as Tino’s dive. But yeah, it was a harsh foul. 

Fuck ‘em. Sterling went down easy enough. It’s levelled out :celb:

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Gordon made the most of the contact but it was still definitely a foul for me, James knew it too hence why he didn't kick up much of a fuss

His growth in such a short time here is really exceptional. Actually glad from a selfish Newcastle point of view that he got a rest over the international break because he looked back to his energetic best today. Great goal and assist. 

26 minutes ago, TBG said:

Here's to those who were team Gordon from the off

will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.gif

Abit late, but said I had a feeling that he was going to be my favorite player after a couple of games in the pre season. Just seemed a totally different player after the u21 championship.