Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Feels odd to write, but I thought he was both MOTM and also culpable for the goal that cost us the game.

He’s been fantastic this season, and doesn’t look out of place at this level. 

Harsh to blame him for the goal

Thought he was pulled back initially but he carries on and it's a fantastic tackle by Schlotterbeck 

They still had a bit to do and there was a lack of urgency from a few players

Attacking players will get tackled and lose the ball when trying to take players on, it's part and parcel

Overall I thought he was our best player and has been our best this season, he caused them all sorts of problems and should really have gotten an assist if Wilson took his chance

The one aspect of his game he could really work on is his finishing, it's clearly not natural to him but with the chance he got he needs to know low and going for the far corner is the best choice to make

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Harsh to blame him for the goal

Thought he was pulled back initially but he carries on and it's a fantastic tackle by Schlotterbeck 

They still had a bit to do and there was a lack of urgency from a few players

Attacking players will get tackled and lose the ball when trying to take players on, it's part and parcel

Overall I thought he was our best player and has been our best this season, he caused them all sorts of problems and should really have gotten an assist if Wilson took his chance

The one aspect of his game he could really work on is his finishing, it's clearly not natural to him but with the chance he got he needs to know low and going for the far corner is the best choice to make

It’s not smart to run the ball in that position - running square on the HW line with defenders pushed up.  Akin to playing a dangerous square ball.

Gordon is young though - he’ll learn from it

Guest reefatoon
8 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Absolutely electric. Don't even blame him for the goal, it should be expected that when attacking you'll often lose the ball in the opposition half - we got caught out by a brilliant counter

Agree here, it was just a class tackle to stop him.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

When a few where doubting the signing, I was saying to give him time but if I'm completely honest, I understood why people didn't see it. He looked sluggish, like he couldn't finish, like he wasn't working as hard as he could....

What a fucking transformation. He's absolutely class. 22 years old right? And he was our best player yesterday by some distance, in the CL. Worth every penny.

I think on one or two occasions he tried to do too much, he nearly lost the ball earlier trying to dribble across the pitch and was lucky to get a free kick, tried it again and that led to the goal.  It sure if he was trying too hard as there were good options for passes too. Shame as otherwise he was outstanding again. Xx