Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just hope he doesn’t get injured proper now and miss the squad :( 

Feel this could be the call up where he’s with better players, and he realises he’s nearly at that level and it drives him on for our benefit. Capable of being a 20+ G/A wide player, and that’s the sort of top end that helps us staying in the top 7 mix for many seasons to come, if it’s added with some top players around the team. 

59 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I'm a bit sad he's not got Tripps there to look after him :lol:

What with Tripps, Wilson and Pope it's absolute dogshit how many England internationals we could have getting called up right now were it not for injuries.

Well done lad :) Hope he doesn't go too berserk trying to impress them. But acclimatising to the squad and whole call up thing will be great for him. And us too - proves it can be done.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Looking at how excited and proud Gordon is, does anyone know the story behind Ben White saying “no thanks”?

Rumours he had a falling out with someone on Southgate's coaching staff and generally fed up with being a bench player.

It is interesting how we haven't heard strong rumours about the reasons.

This is such good news! Yes, I do mean that he’s not crocked! Joking (ish) aside, I am so chuffed for him to get a full international call-up. He has been phenomenal for us and has such a great attitude. Hope he runs riot in training and gets on the pitch against Bru-zil.

I wonder what his injury last game actually was. When a player have to leave the field due to a non-contact injury in the knee and reacts like he did when the physio tried to see how far he could bend it, how can that constitute being out for 2-3 days? :lol: Was expecting it to be a season ender and then some.

36 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I wonder what his injury last game actually was. When a player have to leave the field due to a non-contact injury in the knee and reacts like he did when the physio tried to see how far he could bend it, how can that constitute being out for 2-3 days? :lol: Was expecting it to be a season ender and then some.

A bout of tendinitis or something perhaps?  In his interview he even says a bit panic set in...but clearly he's been scanned and assessed.