Anthony Gordon

Jack27

40 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I wonder what his injury last game actually was. When a player have to leave the field due to a non-contact injury in the knee and reacts like he did when the physio tried to see how far he could bend it, how can that constitute being out for 2-3 days? :lol: Was expecting it to be a season ender and then some.

I’ve sprained my ankle before and thought it was me done for, for months/the season. Only for swelling to not really come out and be fine a week later. 

My first knee injury I had felt more painful than when I properly wrecked it the first time a good 5-6 years later and the subsequent 3 other injuries that all required surgery. Had to come off, felt horrendous. Again, swelling wasn’t too bad and I was back in a couple of weeks. Human body is fascinating/weird, I guess :lol: 

I said it in this thread. He’s like a rubber band man. Apart from when he first signed and he missed 4-5 weeks or more, I think? He has had loads of injury scares that have you fearing the worst. Then he’s back the next game. 

He said no swelling and no pain the following day in that interview. Might've just been a tap on the knee that causes you to lock up a few minutes later, but is back to normal by the next day. 

He cannot have been fit today, not involved at all.

Had 9 touches in an hour on the pitch, only Krafth had less throughout the game.

Edited by Aiston

On 16/03/2024 at 20:07, BeloEmre said:

Fantastic for him to be in the England squad, but he could really need some days rest now instead of going with the national team.

Chances are he'll not play, or if he does, it'll be the odd 20 minutes maybe. Big picture, it looks good from the outside looking in when we're trying to sign players that they can improve to the level he has in 15 months to the point he's getting called up by England. 

On 16/03/2024 at 19:25, Aiston said:

He cannot have been fit today, not involved at all.

Had 9 touches in an hour on the pitch, only Krafth had less throughout the game.

Thats probably pretty normal for attacking players against man city

47 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

One of the most deserving calls up in years :clap: am still eating humble pie about being wrong about this lad

Usually prefer not to have star players getting international call ups but you can't help but be happy for the lad. The smile on his face being interviewed you can see how much it means to him 󠀠:)

Edited by Pokerprince2004

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

His attitude is outstanding, you know that he’ll always give his all for England and for us 

Yeah showing Micky Owen it is possible to treat both your club and country with respect.

Said it as part of his call up, but I can see this international break being the kicker for him to now go to a higher level, by being around the elite players and realising in himself “I belong here / what I need to do further to reach these levels consistently”. 

On 19/03/2024 at 20:42, duo said:

One of the most deserving calls up in years :clap: am still eating humble pie about being wrong about this lad

Me too. Think there's much more to come from him too.