Anthony Gordon

Jack27

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's fairly obvious he isn't shit like. Underperforming? Aye. Overpriced? Aye, but he's shown last season that he's a decent player. 

Based on what? The 3 goals last season?

20 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Gordon is rubbish and not what we need at all. Take one look at an Everton forum and itll tell you all you need to know. 

Signing players 'for the bench' isnt how it works either. You sign players for the first team and then they're either good enough and take someones place, or they're not and they're on the bench/rotation. You dont knowingly sign players that arent good enough for the XI. 

Aye.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep - it is incredible how many would happily sign Leicester's entire midfield, when most of them haven't exactly been great of late

Most of Leicester's team have finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup tbf. They are proven historically if not now.

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wish this rumour and thread would just piss off already. 

I know an Everton fan at our place, and he backs up what a few here have said they're saying on their social media.

He said " Newcastle are in the top four right now, you have Almiron who's on fire and had his best season, and Saint Maximin who most none Newcastle fans including himself would rip your hand off for, why would you want Gordon from us?  He said it makes no sense, and the 60m to Chelsea rumours a while back they'd have loved a team to waste a ton of cash on him. 

That's their fans verdict. 

It's always worth taking other fans views on board, but then you factor in the negativity around the club and that pretty all of their players are underperforming. Then think of some of the opinions on here about Schar, Joelinton or Almiron 12-18 months back. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

It's always worth taking other fans views on board, but then you factor in the negativity around the club and that pretty all of their players are underperforming. Then think of some of the opinions on here about Schar, Joelinton or Almiron 12-18 months back. 

Most would have paid their plane fares home

29 minutes ago, Manxst said:

No way is Harvey Barnes £90-120m!!!(presuming Gordon is 30-40m?)

Aye.

Barnes might be £40-£50m though but not 2x the cost of Gordon.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Has it just been so long since we were in Europe that everyone has forgotten the 'home grown' rules?  This is why you pay an 'English premium'.  Filling the squad with HG players who have potential is exactly what the big boys have been doing for years for that exact reason.  

We've got loads of HG players on our books.

Pope

A back-up GK

Trippier

Burn

Targett

Longstaff

Willock

Wilson

That's 8 before counting the dross.

Manquillo might even count.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Based on what? The 3 goals last season?

Aye.

Most of Leicester's team have finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup tbf. They are proven historically if not now.

Aye, goals is the only metric to judge a 20 year old winger on during his breakout season whilst playing for a struggling side. 

We pretty much have nothing after our first 11 then Isak and Maxi, the majority of the rest of them wouldn’t look out of place in the championship , Gordon improves that and will be a decent option from the bench .

Edited by Geogaddi

26 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Gordon is rubbish and not what we need at all. Take one look at an Everton forum and itll tell you all you need to know. 

Signing players 'for the bench' isnt how it works either. You sign players for the first team and then they're either good enough and take someones place, or they're not and they're on the bench/rotation. You dont knowingly sign players that arent good enough for the XI. 

If you’d looked at this forum during our last relegation season none of our players would’ve come away with glowing reports. Then three years later two of the most disliked were playing against one another in the CL final.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye.

Barnes might be £40-£50m though but not 2x the cost of Gordon.

We've got loads of HG players on our books.

Pope

A back-up GK

Trippier

Burn

Targett

Longstaff

Willock

Wilson

That's 8 before counting the dross.

Manquillo might even count.

Manquillo won't, nor will Dubravka or Karius.  Eight is the magic number tbf

Gordon is better than Almiron 

I think this will become evident if we sign him. 

As for likeability (it’s literally chalk n cheese) 

I think Gordon under Howe would flourish (under lampard he has went backwards) 

I still think we could get better than Gordon but I trust Ashworth / Howe / Scouts.

The only link I don’t like is Mctominay (as I think he is just a Scottish longstaff) without the likeable fact longstaff is a Geordie 

IF we did sign Mctominay it would be interesting to see if he could fit in and develop.

I would prefer / love (Kone) at CDM

Gordon seems to be the scapegoat for the Everton fans. They seem to be judging him on his value as '£60m player' who should be keeping them up rather than a 21 year old with potential playing in a side with no tactics.

Is it not just evidence that fans let their personal dislike of a player influence their assessment of them as a footballer? I've heard he's shit a lot, without any real explanation as to why. Do people not just dislike him because he's an absolute aggro merchant with a face that you'd never het tired of punching?

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, goals is the only metric to judge a 20 year old winger on during his breakout season whilst playing for a struggling side. 

You still haven't told me.

What's he good at?

He can run a bit but he doesn't look Craig Bellamy fast. Apparently works hard on the pitch and whoscored says he's good at long shots (not many goals) and set pieces. Tell me what am I missing? He's giving me Milner RW vibes which isn't a bad thing.

I'd also say that the recruitment team have so much credit in the bank, it's hard to doubt them at this point. We've had two windows of near enough flawless recruitment (insert Wood debate here). That's not to say they aren't capable of making mistakes, but they've earnt the benefit of the doubt. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You still haven't told me.

What's he good at?

He can run a bit but he doesn't look Craig Bellamy fast. Apparently works hard on the pitch and whoscored says he's good at long shots (not many goals) and set pieces. Tell me what am I missing? He's giving me Milner RW vibes which isn't a bad thing.

He’s industrious. I like that.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is it not just evidence that fans let their personal dislike of a player influence their assessment of them as a footballer? I've heard he's shit a lot, without any real explanation as to why. Do people not just dislike him because he's an absolute aggro merchant with a face that you'd never het tired of punching?

Seems to have zero end product. Lots of running and pace, but nothing comes of it all, either for himself or for others. What very few goals he’s scored have generally been miss hits or deflections. Gives out loads of shit and fouls but whinges like an absolute baby when he receives any. Seems to have poor decision making for passing/shooting also, imo.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I said that bizarrely, he said, if that was the case, plenty of their players are under performing, but theres those they wouldn't want to sell, he said Gordon, anyone stupid enough to 30m plus, they're welcome? A good portion just dont rate him.