Anthony Gordon

Jack27

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Eddie finally being able to write out a team sheet that has ASM, Isak, Bruno, Gordon all in the same starting XI.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we never see it either mind. :lol: Be very surprised if it's anything other than a Joelinton/Isak/Murphy front 3 for Man U.

4 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we never see it either mind. :lol: Be very surprised if it's anything other than a Joelinton/Isak/Murphy front 3 for Man U.

Haven't been able to put out our strongest XI all season, our next game is in April. :lol:

Hope not mind. Thought Joelinton on the left stifled our attacks a bit when he played there a bit in January. Good for defensive work but going forward I thought we were a bit blunt when he was there.

36 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Haven't been able to put out our strongest XI all season, our next game is in April. :lol:

Hope not mind. Thought Joelinton on the left stifled our attacks a bit when he played there a bit in January. Good for defensive work but going forward I thought we were a bit blunt when he was there.

100%, if Gordon and ASM aren't starting then it should be Big Joe, Bruno and Longstaff in the middle with Murphy and Little Joe out wide.

If Gordon/ASM come into the left then Longstaff takes a breather on the bench and little Joe into the middle

I'm not convinced Howe sees Gordon as a man for the right hand side. I think he sees him on the left.

Either way, it's clear we won't see too much from Gordon this season. It's been stop start and he will benefit from a full pre season.

Gordon will get his chance but he's came in from a misfiring Everton team who do not play the game we play. He'll take time to fully integrate.

As long as he doesn't get badly crocked I think he'll have a big say in our final games and an even bigger one next season when he's fully up to speed with everything.

As it is he's adding much needed quality to that squad and when you look at our bench you actually see players who can make a massive difference.

Much better squad depth of quality will be key for our finish this season and then top it off in preseason with quality additions and obvious departures enmasse.

I think Gordon will be a massive key to our progress.

Really good news that he's back available. Can't see him starting though. Reckon Howe will endeavour to keep as close to the same team as possible, with Joelinton being the only change for ASM.

3 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Murphy doesn't deserve to lose his spot to Gordon as things stand. Neither does ASM if he is fully fit. 

The two forwards with one goal a piece this season? Miggy is the one that doesn't deserve to lose his spot if fully fit.  

8 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

The two forwards with one goal a piece this season? Miggy is the one that doesn't deserve to lose his spot if fully fit.  

Yeah I think he's assuming Miggy is out for this one. Murphy has played well the last couple of games and Gordon's just back from injury so I think the only decision is Maxi or not on the other side.