Anthony Gordon

Jack27

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Even as a sub, it’s weird for any attacking player to be upset at being subbed in the 93rd minute as your team is defending for their lives 

I don’t think it really is to be honest, it’s just a passionate response in the moment. Even less surprising when you consider Gordon already has a feisty attitude.

Don't mind it at all. 

Can imagine it frustrates at the time, but as the red mist dissipates he'll see the reason for it. 

I wasn't sold on him but I think he's perfect for us.  Will be a big player. 

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

People understand why he may have the hump, but when this run of games is so important, as others point out, Murphy being double subbed and just cracking on, Gordon needs to learn it's not about him.

I didn't appreciate his reaction toward Howe, and then trying to rip his shirt off.

Needs to grow a pair.

He started to take his shirt off but immediately thought better of it, which I took as him reading the situation and thinking how it would be seen, which is a good thing.

He's just a spiky little bastard on the pitch. Eddie and everyone knew that when we got him, and Eddie clearly saw it as a positive. I'm sure everything will have been fine once he'd had 10 minutes to cool down. 5 years from now he'll be a different person.

Him and Ritchie came over to applaud the supporters, it's not like he stormed down the tunnel. Agreed he was silly, but I don't think there's anything to fear.

The only worrying thing would be a player not slightly upset at being subbed off at that point in the game with so much riding on it you absolute stovepipes. talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

14 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I don’t think it really is to be honest, it’s just a passionate response in the moment. Even less surprising when you consider Gordon already has a feisty attitude.

I’m not mad at him. But it is weird. He didn’t get subbed for poor performance. He got subbed to waste time. 

Howe just saying he was subbed because it was in the last minute or so, and felt he'd been holding his ankle.

Saw that he was upset at bring subbed, liked and understood the passion, but felt that was a reaction he could work on. If you're Gordon, you'd best listen to that as Howe seems proper ruthless.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m not mad at him. But it is weird. He didn’t get subbed for poor performance. He got subbed to waste time. 

In the moment, I don't think he saw it that way. Probably thought he was being accused of shit defending. A bit crazy, but over and done with in a couple of minutes most likely.

Sub gets annoyed in the heat of the moment when getting subbed off. 

You'll want him to be disappointed. A chat with Howe or Tindall will iron it out and be explained to him that it was purely a time wasting tactic. 

Absolutely nothing to be bothered about. 

2 hours ago, 80 said:

He started to take his shirt off but immediately thought better of it, which I took as him reading the situation and thinking how it would be seen, which is a good thing.

He's just a spiky little bastard on the pitch. Eddie and everyone knew that when we got him, and Eddie clearly saw it as a positive. I'm sure everything will have been fine once he'd had 10 minutes to cool down. 5 years from now he'll be a different person.

Him and Ritchie came over to applaud the supporters, it's not like he stormed down the tunnel. Agreed he was silly, but I don't think there's anything to fear.

No neither do I as pointed out at the beginning of the post. Being a new lad and still learning his new managers motives, he needs to look at his colleagues, who when also new to this club have gone above and beyond to settle in, Bruno was an absolute professional in his early stages, Howe gave him something like 5 minutes for about 6 games on the trot, at times I thought Howe was taking the piss, god knows what Bruno was thinking, but he just knuckled down, I felt Howe was originally going to try the same method with Botman also, but if I remember rightly, he was forced into throwing Botman in, then when Howe realised Botman was the man he had no choice but to pick him for every game ever since ?

I'd say all the same above about Isak, he's been a top professional. 

Gordon will learn like many of you have said, it was just petulant for me given the importance of our run.

After the game Howe said: "From my side, there was 30 seconds left and he was down holding his ankle so I put an experienced player on the pitch. It is no reflection on his time on the pitch (to take him off)."

Howe said: “I’ve got no problem. Anthony is passionate boy. He wants to do well, but there was seconds left on the clock and we wanted to get Matty on because Anthony was holding his ankle.

"He just needs to control his emotions in that moment, but there are no problems."