Crystal Palace 0-0 Newcastle United (21/01/2023)

Disco

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

What? :lol: 

Almost everything worth anything has been through him. 

He made the good runs but final decision or touch has been garbage all half. Need ASM on before 60 if it stays 0-0.

Another very good team performance, really controlled the half.

Do think we look a bit toothless up front, Wilson seems to have lost form.

Hopefully we'll nick a goal, be interesting to see if Isak and Wilson are used together again.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The only concern - and it’s a mild one - is that this side is a bit toothless.  Joelinton isn’t a good finisher, Almiron’s finishing is reverting to the mean (very few players in the world could consistently keep up what he was doing in fairness), and Willock and Longstaff just don’t chip in enough.  Wilson just looks well off the pace.  We’re also becoming increasingly poor at corners.

All of them work their bollocks off, we look great in possession (until the last bit), and the back line is an absolute rock, so even with those worries you’d always think we can snatch one.  New blood would be nice to shake things up a bit though.  

We have fuck all creativity from the Middle, Bruno aside, but he has no one in the middle to pass too. This means we usually have to revert to wingers, and they are limping it in the box for no one, Wilson isn’t the best at getting on the end of crosses.

Played reasonably well without doing that much, just lacking a little bit of quality in that last third. Wilson has been poor for him too. 

Good lord Palace are dull. Always two of the worst games of the season. 

Not great chances created, pretty scrappy but Wilson was lacking sharpness or couldn’t muscle his way into the ball. Joelinton’s been class, Bruno at his usual but hasn’t had a chance to deliver a really incisive pass. Willock had that one really good run but I think ASM could cause a lot of damage down our left 

Are my eyes deceiving me or are some people suggesting Willock off? [emoji38] Been our best player by a mile.

Stick Isak on for Wilson and then ASM for Miggy, switch about the midfield obvs.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s up against someone stronger and quicker unfortunately.

True,but also on a yellow, and I feel it's not palaces treatment, they're doing their job with him. I meant us, we're always looking for Almiron or a wide option first, he's slightly overlooked at times.

Just now, GWN said:

Criticism of Wilson is ridiculous lads . 

He’s been poor to be honest. He used to have strength to hold players off whilst he ran towards goal, now he’s not doing that. That’s his only route to a goal as well.

The criticism is valid to be honest.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, STM said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or are some people suggesting Willock off? [emoji38] Been our best player by a mile.

Stick Isak on for Wilson and then ASM for Miggy, switch about the midfield obvs.

Aye, I think some people have such a chubby on for ASM it makes their decision making go to pot.

Edited by reefatoon