Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

12 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Sorry but completely underwhelmed by this. To me the Carabao cup is a tin pot cup where most of the top 6 play their second string in the early rounds. I can't see us beating a full strength Man u in the final either. The only hope is that they target a top 4 slot and play a weakened side, but even then they have strength in ddepth so I can't get carried away when the likely outcome is yet another cup final defeat. Sorry but just being realistic!!

Ankles, oh Ankles… wish I could post a video I took—whole sea of swirling scarves and flags during Thunderstruck (…what an experience/thing to behold)—you’d be jogging around with pride and screaming like Brian Johnson! 

14 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Sorry but completely underwhelmed by this. To me the Carabao cup is a tin pot cup where most of the top 6 play their second string in the early rounds. I can't see us beating a full strength Man u in the final either. The only hope is that they target a top 4 slot and play a weakened side, but even then they have strength in ddepth so I can't get carried away when the likely outcome is yet another cup final defeat. Sorry but just being realistic!!

If ever there was a bannable post. 

For how many others here will this be your first final? To young to remember the FA cup finals and from what I’ve read on here that’s not a bad thing :lol:

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

For how many others here this will be your first final? To young to remember the FA cup finals and from what I’ve read on here that’s not a bad thing :lol:

My third, but you missed nothing from the other two. Shearer hitting the post vs Arsenal, that's it.

To be fair. I can imagine if we do win it, that's exactly what the "top 6" / media reaction will be. 

Can already picture Merson or some other gobshite going on SSN claiming it's only the league cup and we haven't won anything "proper" yet etc. 

Not that we'll care, we'll still be partying as we'd have finally won a fucking trophy again 😂

7 hours ago, Heron said:

I'd also dispute really dangerous. Wasn't like I'd set them on fire. :lol:

I was creasing, like. Just assumed you were absolutely steaming and/or full of adrenaline. That said, I'm glad I wasn't in those front few rows of that block. :lol:

2 minutes ago, alexf said:

To be fair. I can imagine if we do win it, that's exactly what the "top 6" / media reaction will be. 

Can already picture Merson or some other gobshite going on SSN claiming it's only the league cup and we haven't won anything "proper" yet etc. 

Not that we'll care, we'll still be partying as we'd have finally won a fucking trophy again 😂

There'll be a bit of that, but honestly I think most the media would be buzzing for us to win a trophy. It'll piss other fans off.

----

I was only 8/9 at the last two finals but I remember them pretty well and I was there. This already feels a lot different cos even if we're not favourites, we've got a fighting chance. Felt like it'd take a proper fluke result to win either of the last two.

26 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

:mung:

Guest reefatoon

Fancy that being your first thought process after getting to our first final in donkeys years. What an absolute drip [emoji38]

7 hours ago, rickyprickles said:

This has always been the case. Was more understandable when things were shite as the match did usually be the worst part of the day. But I will never understand the fuckers who show up late for the match, away down for a pint 10 minutes before half-time, back late from half-time then leave early. What is the point in going? 

The amount of 30-50 year old blokes who cannit hold a piss in for 45 mins is mind blowing. Was millions and billions round me shuttling off to the bog during the game, some even going twice in a half.

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The amount of 30-50 year old blokes who cannit hold a piss in for 45 mins is mind blowing. Was millions and billions round me shuttling off to the bog during the game, some even going twice in a half.

Too much drink isn’t it?

People drink far too much. It’s all about how many pints of Carling you can sink before KO with loads of people.

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The amount of lads waiting for a “shit” at the match too.

12 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

All depends on how many you’ve had tbf. 6-7 pints deep I’m not stopping the flow. 1 or two it’s a different story.