Newcastle United 2-1 Southampton - Tell me Ma, me Ma, I won't be home for tea... (31/01/2023)

Disco

18 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That’s because the home atmosphere at most PL grounds is shit too. But that doesn’t mean we should accept it. 

I have a strong feeling that a SJP expansion is going to be announced soon. And we need to make sure that a major reorganisation of fans is done while it happens because once all fans are in place after the expansion it will be impossible to shift them.

The idiot who is in charge of the PA needs to get the chop too. Drop all the music and let an actual football atmosphere build & climax naturally. The fucking idiot even spoiled the final whistle atmosphere by playing que sera at 1 million decibels. I swear he would play music throughout the entire game if he could, the prick.

The fucker ruined the post game as I knew he fucking would. Got to say I did enjoy the AC/DC and scarves just before kick off though. You’re spot on though the home song book is dreadful, where crying out for a singing end.

32 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Would love to know what other grounds people have been to for our atmosphere to be considered so shit we need to do something drastic. It’s at least as good as anywhere.

Considering tonights game was a cup semi final, tonight's atmosphere was horrific until around the 85th minute.

If people can't be arsed for that then what's the point? 

Re: atmosphere. Been a mixed bag this season for games I've been to. Villa was excellent. Leicester and Forest both very good. Both Palace games weren't great. Bournemouth was average.

I always sing and get involved but it depends where you are sitting tbh.

Edited by samptime29

1 minute ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Considering tonights game was a cup semi final, tonight's atmosphere was horrific until around the 85th minute.

If people can't be arsed for that then what's the point? 

In fairness the Southampton goal made it very nervy. If they didn’t score I imagine the atmosphere would have been better 

Aye the atmosphere was shite again sadly. I went for a piss around the 35 minute mark and there was loads stood with pints watching the match on the tele. What’s the point in going? Loads asked me if I could help get a ticket, some who haven’t missed a home game all season.

Got to accept that there’s too many day trippers in our ranks. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t know like… it was bouncing where I was sat.

Aye. 

Very much depends where you're sat, we'd all love it to be bouncing from every corner but that's not the way it works. 

Feel like there's people in here who would gladly take the rtg route and ban people who divnt gan radge for 90 mins.

Was a really strange atmosphere in a lot of ways. 2 up and cruising it felt canny, then the Southampton goal from nothing seemed to kill it stone dead. The view in the bogs and near my seat was "ah fuck they've scored" but to me we were 45 minutes closer and a goal better off than kickoff so I was in pretty decent spirits. Very strange. Might put that down to us not conceding a proper goal since Queen Liz kicked the bucket tbf, people just aren't used to it any more.

On the plus side it was good to see a flare in the Strawberry Corner. Never seen a flare at the match at SJP other than Feyenoord in 2002/03, only smoke bombs. 

Edited by Danh1

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Was a really strange atmosphere in a lot of ways. 2 up and cruising it felt canny, then the Southampton goal from nothing seemed to kill it stone dead. The view in the bogs and near my seat was "ah fuck they've scored" but to me we were 45 minutes closer and a goal better off than kickoff so I was in pretty decent spirits. Very strange. Might put that down to us not conceding a proper goal since Queen Liz kicked the bucket tbf, people just aren't used to it any more.

Sounded it on TV but a looming sense of dread is probably only natural when everyone is conditioned to it.

42 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Reported Heron for gouging out multiple eyes in the Gallowgate with a Wor Flag towards the end of the match. 

joking aside, that was really dangerous. lucky no one got maimed.

Got nothing against Southampton but couldn't resist a peruse of their message board

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck this, fuck the bias commentary, fuck the Newcastle wank fest and the Newcastle fan wank fest. Their fans are the same as any other. They're loud when on top and shit when team shit. They don't love football as a city more than any other town or city and the "they love a number 9" shite is cringy. They don't spend their last pennies on watching their beloved team more than any other fucking teams fans. They've spent a fuck load of Arabian blood money that if Sunderland had done it they'd be pulling them apart saying they're an oil run club. And the 30 stone fucks with their shirts off in winter that the cameras always have to show because they're 'mad and great fans '. Fuck off they've got 5 inches thick of gristle of course they don't need a fucking coat. Why are these messes celebrated. I bet they sit on their fat arses all week buying tickets handouts. Fuck the prem, fuck sky, I'd rather get relegated so I don't have to listen to as much of this shite all the time

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/59853-southampton1-1-2-3newcastle-league-cup-semi-final-second-leg/page/19/

(Also they seem to hate Jones)

They’re raging that Bruno misses 2 important games against their relegation rivals. :lol:

Fuck this, fuck the bias commentary, fuck the Newcastle wank fest and the Newcastle fan wank fest. Their fans are the same as any other. They're loud when on top and shit when team shit. They don't love football as a city more than any other town or city and the "they love a number 9" shite is cringy. They don't spend their last pennies on watching their beloved team more than any other fucking teams fans. They've spent a fuck load of Arabian blood money that if Sunderland had done it they'd be pulling them apart saying they're an oil run club. And the 30 stone fucks with their shirts off in winter that the cameras always have to show because they're 'mad and great fans '. Fuck off they've got 5 inches thick of gristle of course they don't need a fucking coat. Why are these messes celebrated. I bet they sit on their fat arses all week buying tickets handouts. Fuck the prem, fuck sky, I'd rather get relegated so I don't have to listen to as much of this shite all the time

This Sexy Beast? 

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

I'd also dispute really dangerous. Wasn't like I'd set them on fire. :lol:

[emoji38] mate, you werent lookng at the carnage behind you, including us - people were getting missed by inches and were having to duck and weave. am sure at least one person got flicked on the head.

51 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye the atmosphere was shite again sadly. I went for a piss around the 35 minute mark and there was loads stood with pints watching the match on the tele. What’s the point in going? Loads asked me if I could help get a ticket, some who haven’t missed a home game all season.

Got to accept that there’s too many day trippers in our ranks. 

This has always been the case. Was more understandable when things were shite as the match did usually be the worst part of the day. But I will never understand the fuckers who show up late for the match, away down for a pint 10 minutes before half-time, back late from half-time then leave early. What is the point in going?