[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

6 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't get the fascination with standing personally. It's not going to increase capacity.

It will do in future if everything goes OK and they decide to increase the fan to seat ratio. 

Here it’s 1:1 but I believe in Germany it’s currently 1:1.7

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

This is from someone on Facebook who apparently has a mate in the box office so obviously not sure whether its bollocks or not...

Wembley tickets:

Period 1: Season ticket holders with 25+ loyalty points AND have attended at least one Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Monday 6 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Tuesday 7 February at 8am

Period 2: Season ticket holders that have attended four home and at least one of the away Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign.

Tickets on sale from: Tuesday 7 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Wednesday 8 February at 8am

Period 3: Season ticket holders that have attended three or four home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Tickets on sale from: Wednesday 8 February at 10am

Ticket sales period closes: Thursday 9 February at 8am

Period 4: Season ticket holders that have attended one or two home Carabao Cup matches during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Thursday 9 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Friday 10 February at 8am

Successful applications notified by: 5pm on Tuesday 14 February

Period 5: Season ticket holders that have not attended a Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign

Ballot opens: Friday 10 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Saturday 11 February at 8am

Period 6: Members that have attended at least one home Carabao Cup match during the 2022/23 campaign 

Ballot opens: Saturday 11 February at 10am

Ballot closes: Sun 12 February at 8am

Wording makes it sound iffy as there’s  only been one away match. Personally think members who have attended more league cup matches should get priority over season ticket holders who haven’t attended any, but hey-ho… .

47 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It's pretty fucking rich that fans of teams owned by billionaires who have effectively formed a cartel are crying because an even richer billionarie has come along to 'ruin the game' [emoji38]

Not only that, but on the Glazer thread on Red Cafe they are literally begging to be bought by an oil state.

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

Online (I know!) Man u supporters are unwavering in their belief they'll walk this, I think we have a chance but I'm keeping my head down, I am far from confident, it might be 24 years but I'm still scarred from the 2 back to back no shows in the FA Cup finals. I am more confident than I was then, we are extremely hard to break down but Man u are on fire at the moment, especially Casemiro and Rashford and might be too much for us, whereas we don't seem to be firing on all cylinders recently. It's going to be a tough watch.

Of course they do. They are Man Utd, they will think they will win every game they have.

Was saying to a lad at work that when we were shite I'd softened towards Man Utd and will always begrudginly give Fergie credit for what he achieved but, by fuck, being where we are in the league fighting with them and being about to face them in a cup final in just over three weeks hasn't half opened up some old wounds from 94-04.

36 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wording makes it sound iffy as there’s  only been one away match. Personally think members who have attended more league cup matches should get priority over season ticket holders who haven’t attended any, but hey-ho… .

Tranmere and Southampton?

36 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I reckon it's about 60-40 in Man Us favour. The two FA Cup Finals were probably 80-20.

We didn't lay a glove on either of them in the two finals. I'd hope that in this one we at least make the opposition get out of 2nd gear.

22 minutes ago, Sima said:

Was saying to a lad at work that when we were shite I'd softened towards Man Utd and will always begrudginly give Fergie credit for what he achieved but, by fuck, being where we are in the league fighting with them and being about to face them in a cup final in just over three weeks hasn't half opened up some old wounds from 94-04.

On Red Cafe over recent times, when they have been in Liverpool's shadow, they have been quite humble but now that they can smell success again the arrogance & entitlement is quickly coming back.

I hate that we're against Man U as far as my nerves are concerned. Another of the other 'top' clubs where we don't have as much history wouldn't feel nearly as bad if we come up short. But just like beating Man U for a trophy would feel immeasurably more satisfying to a bitter person like me, it will equally be more painful if they beat us.

Its made all the more worse that I feel way more hopeful that we can pull it off against them than the likes of Man City or Liverpool. 

Me fatha in period 3, me in period 6. Personally probably got no chance unless they're holding back a limited number tickets for each scenario. Even then period 6 will likely have 20k+ people in a ballot for <2k tickets. :lol:

Dammit.

Just now, Hughesy said:

Been absolutely screwed by that - 3 season tickets and each has over 90 points, but all live down south so haven't attended mid week cup games.

Oh, fuck mate that is brutal.