[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

On 11/02/2023 at 13:28, mondonewc said:

Followed all the info from @thelondonmags about availability for some bars, and I know bars around Wembley aren't allowed to show the game but I assume there'll be places that are for Newcastle fans only showing the game nearer to Wembley than a 25-30 minute tube journey? 

Two of us heading down but only one has a ticket so limits options for fan zones etc as you need a match ticket. Want to organise somewhere as near as possible to Wembley that will show the game, anyone know best options or whats people's plans in similar spot? 

Also are people booking pubs now or expect will be plenty places to just turn up that are Newcastle fans only?

Cheers for any input.

https://www.greenwoodlondon.com/
By chance I was in London at the weekend and found this to watch the Bournemouth game.
It is by Victoria Station but can easy hold 500 and screens everywhere including 2 massive ones.
And they are showing the Cup Final

I think London might be lively that weekend!

I reckon we’ll take about 60K

Man Utd will take a lot 

Bournemouth vs Man City 5.30pm Saturday 

Palace vs Liverpool 7.45pm Saturday 

Spurs vs Chelsea 1.30pm Sunday 

Sweet Jesus!

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Man Utd will take a lot 

Sweet Jesus!

Rugby on that weekend too no? 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Man Utd will take a lot 

Sweet Jesus!

Could be interesting around KX and Euston on the Saturday.

Edited by Whitley mag

Is it just me or is anyone else nervous about our defence all of a sudden? The past 2 games, we've been undone by two really straightforward goals from corners. And overall, the back 4 have been giving away the ball more often in the past 2 games than in the previous half of the season. Botman absolutely has given me the jitters when he tries to play a pass out from defence, Burn suddenly looks clumsy and makes fouls rather than win challenges. Goodness me, the defence was the least of my concern heading into the final, the worry was for the forward line lacking goals. But the past 2 games, it's really had my heart pulsing faster.

And also, I mentioned this during both games too that somehow, we are now struggling to keep hold of the ball when our backs are towards goal. Often, the pass is too fast or the 1st touch is bad but its irritated me. I'm just getting more nervous by the day and the past 2 games have not settled me down. I know, its just me and I probably should just shut the fuck up. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Is it just me or is anyone else nervous about our defence all of a sudden? The past 2 games, we've been undone by two really straightforward goals from corners. And overall, the back 4 have been giving away the ball more often in the past 2 games than in the previous half of the season. Botman absolutely has given me the jitters when he tries to play a pass out from defence, Burn suddenly looks clumsy and makes fouls rather than win challenges. Goodness me, the defence was the least of my concern heading into the final, the worry was for the forward line lacking goals. But the past 2 games, it's really had my heart pulsing faster.

And also, I mentioned this during both games too that somehow, we are now struggling to keep hold of the ball when our backs are towards goal. Often, the pass is too fast or the 1st touch is bad but its irritated me. I'm just getting more nervous by the day and the past 2 games have not settled me down. I know, its just me and I probably should just shut the fuck up. Sigh.

not me. we’ve only conceded 4 goals in the league since end of October lol 

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Just you

24 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

They really should just award it to Man United and put us out of our misery. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

We’re still weeks out from this and I’m already nervous. I think about it daily. I’m 35 Ffs. 

Just reframe it as ‘excitement’ instead of nerves :lol: