[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

The Battle of Brazil.

Fred/Caseimero vs BigJow/Bruno.

just a shame they also have Rashford.

but we have a Maxi back in form.

so nervous for this.

gonna be tears either way.

first cup final with me bairns.

HWTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being realistic (hopefully not negative), the only way we win this is if they have a stinker and we have a stormer. Every other scenario feels like ManU will take it. I think they'll score in the game, so we have to find at least a goal from somewhere. 

Shame we couldn't have played this when our forms were reversed. 

Still excited though. 

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Being realistic (hopefully not negative), the only way we win this is if they have a stinker and we have a stormer. Every other scenario feels like ManU will take it. I think they'll score in the game, so we have to find at least a goal from somewhere. 

Shame we couldn't have played this when our forms were reversed. 

Still excited though. 

To be fair, they’ve been in top form since the end of August. They’re really good at winning games even when they’re not quite functioning at their best. I can see us giving them a really good game but failing to score. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There’s going to be some fuckery next week. Can feel it. 

So can I. Newcastle are the team who have benefitted the most from overturned VAR decisions this season. 

Hope we get a good neutral ref. 

And it's incorrect decisions we're talking about. Getting a pen at home to Bournemouth is the only time we've benefitted from an incorrect decision imo.

Meanwhile Sabitzer just nearly snapped someone's leg and Rashford got away with doing interpretive dance around the ball against Man City 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

So can I. Newcastle are the team who have benefitted the most from overturned VAR decisions this season. 

Hope we get a good neutral ref. 

So that therefore means we have had the worst ref decisions. So yes a good ref please, but it looks like we haven’t got that.

I hate VAR as much as the next fan. But the notion that refs are biased towards us is utter nonsense. :lol:

The Rashford decision against City was horrendous and has stuck in people's minds. 

Edited by Froggy