[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, Collage said:

Tueart2.jpg

Last time we were in this final ^. A lying picture of course, we didn’t win, even if it’s a Geordie in the pic (Dennis Tueart)

The only Geordie on the pitch that day I believe?

At least we could have a couple this time!

21 minutes ago, OverThere said:

I'm not so sure we should be holding a high line against these.

I think we should continue to do what got us to this point to begin with. The final isn’t the time to tinker with something that isn’t broken.

If we can put a few in at the other end we’ll walk away with a trophy. 

31 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I think we should continue to do what got us to this point to begin with. The final isn’t the time to tinker with something that isn’t broken.

If we can put a few in at the other end we’ll walk away with a trophy. 

The worry would be that the high line works with a keeper like Pope who (Saturday aside) has been fantastic as a sweeper-keeper.  Can Karius play that way?  If he can’t, then we’d have to change otherwise we’re going to get caught out repeatedly

I just came in to wish all of you the best of luck.

Hope you all win. Regardless of the outcome, remember to enjoy the day, and absorb every second of it. This is not like the finals you played in the past. Even if the worst happens, similar days are coming soon based on your trajectory.

Good luck!!!!!

Managed to snag a last minute ticket. Feel very lucky.

My journey down is a bit of a fun one on Saturday like, Newcastle to York, York to Doncaster and then Doncaster to KGX. In first class for the big stretch so going to take advantage of the free/not free beers.

Stopping in Holborn Premier Inn - thankfully know the area quite well so happy enough. 

We'll have Bruno back, Karius is probably pound for pound the best goalkeeper in the world(?) and ManU will underestimate us. I'm trying my absolute hardest to gaslight myself into this being going well. 

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

Managed to snag a last minute ticket. Feel very lucky.

My journey down is a bit of a fun one on Saturday like, Newcastle to York, York to Doncaster and then Doncaster to KGX. In first class for the big stretch so going to take advantage of the free/not free beers.

Stopping in Holborn Premier Inn - thankfully know the area quite well so happy enough. 

Cittie of York pub in Holborn is canny for a Sam Smiths. Was planning on maybe nipping in on Saturday if it's still there.

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Cittie of York pub in Holborn is canny for a Sam Smiths. Was planning on maybe nipping in on Saturday if it's still there.

I work close to there and it still is a very good pub. Holborn will be dead on a Saturday though.