Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

13 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

When I signed up for Geoff's & Woolly's rave it was on the 25th, that the same one you're on about ?

Sure is :)  but just noticed cup is 26th not 25th ha

Edited by Slim

No chance of gettinga ticket so London seems a fuck on. Newcastle will be a nightmare for viewing but I'm 41 now and everything seems like a chew. Younger years London all over then probably Newcastle for a week. Local for me, cracking atmosphere and easy 

I'm a member who has only been to a couple of cup games, so working on the basis a ticket will be a no go. 

Local to North Shields, mates and I are still undecided. Part of me feels like we should go into town for it, however one of my pals is of the view that:

A) Things could get spicy in the city centre if things don't go our way.

B) Again, if it's a bad result, we're likely going to want to get home to sulk ASAP, and a packed Metro ride isn't ideal. 

Have a feeling we may end up going to one of the pubs in Tynemouth for it.

None of the above. I'm away to Sweden that week, so I'll have to find somewhere in Gothenburg to watch it. Never even crossed my mind to check when the final was. :lol:

On the off chance, any recommendations for where would be welcome.

6 of us booked a train down on the Saturday after the semi final draw. Night on the piss down there the Saturday

Pretty confident I'll get a ticket. 150+ loyalty points and 3 home and 2 aways out of this cup run whichever route they go down..hoping to source the little one a ticket though somehow

If not the wife has got family down there so she's gonna drive it and just meet them. So that's me lift home sorted.

Home (Bristol). Because, I’d rather win in Bristol than lose amongst Manure fans in London.

A manure supporting mate asked me if he got 2 tickets would I want to go with him. The thought of being in the red zone if we lost, no thanks can’t face that! 

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

I usually just either go to games or watch it by myself at home. Can't afford a ticket and watching it by myself is gonna be shite seeing as it's a cup final, not sure what to do like.

To tell the truth if I don't go I'll watch at home on my own making sure to kick the family out for the day. I'll be that hyped I'll not be able to put with anyone talking shit so I'll need to be away from strangers until afterwards.

Definitely booking the Monday off after. Have the ability to get a bed in a room down London. A probable 10% chance of a ticket id say. Haven’t booked train. Shall see what’s what if I get a ticket. Me and my mates have shit history watching finals/semi’s together so might just watch it at home and meet them afterwards 😂

See if I can get a ticket 1%

Go down with ticket less mates 4%

Go to town with anyone left over 35%

Watch it in whitley with anyone left over 5%

Watch it with my old man & family at home 25%

Go for a walk and avoid the whole thing as ever match I watch lately were shit 30%

If N-O is doing a town meet up I honestly think that would be my 1st choice. We've been through so much of this shit together, it would be nice to see it through properly.

11 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'm a member who has only been to a couple of cup games, so working on the basis a ticket will be a no go. 

Local to North Shields, mates and I are still undecided. Part of me feels like we should go into town for it, however one of my pals is of the view that:

A) Things could get spicy in the city centre if things don't go our way.

B) Again, if it's a bad result, we're likely going to want to get home to sulk ASAP, and a packed Metro ride isn't ideal. 

Have a feeling we may end up going to one of the pubs in Tynemouth for it.

During the world cup Salt Market Social was a "fan zone" and had the England games on big screens. Was packed out so they might do summat similar.

Longest queue I've ever stood in for beer mind. And I don't even support England either so it was double the pain.

Fly in from Turkey to London on the Saturday to a hotel by where I used to live in Archway.. Have a week’s holiday in Newcastle starting on the Monday so timings have worked out well. Meeting my dad and friends on the Saturday, drinking.

Season ticket holder with only a couple of points and only used the season ticket for Southampton. Have a feeling I won’t get a ticket from the club, debating whether or not to splurge on a dodgy one.

Edited by Hovagod

Not a chance of a ticket through the official sources.

Partners Dad works as a sound engineer for Sky Sports, lives in London aswell. So fingers crossed this will be my route in!

Otherwise will just say fuck it and come up to the Toon!

Edited by BonesJones

In two minds.

Booked a hotel for two nights and option of a bus there and back Saturday and Monday…

But if I don’t have a ticket, it feels like I’d just be going down to enjoy the Saturday afternoon/night is why I’d be doing it? Tricky decision tbh. 

Then again, from Mackems I’ve spoken to they said Trafalgar Square tends to be the best bit?!

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Cancel the skiing trip, like a boss

Get a ticket, like a boss 

Get so pissed in Covent Garden the night before that I can't be bothered with the match, like a boss

Go down to Trafalgar Square and shit in the pool then dive off the fountain, smashing me bracket in the process, turn into a jet. Bomb the Russians.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said: