Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

2 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Wow reading the emails sent between club directors, they knew what they were doing was against the rules, the bottom one made me laugh Etihad sponsorship of £67m per season only £8m was provided by Etihad the rest was paid by the clubs owner 

If that one is true then they’re completely fucked under FFP rules and PL regs, though I suspect that HMRC are the ones they should fear in terms of the off-the-books payments made to individuals 

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If that one is true then they’re completely fucked under FFP rules and PL regs, though I suspect that HMRC are the ones they should fear in terms of the off-the-books payments made to individuals 

They have never disputed that the emails are real, they dispute how they were obtained and that they are taken out of context 

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Always annoys me when people just start an email with 'Simon', 'George' etc. it doesn't take 5 seconds to add a 'Hi' and comes off much more friendlier and less aggressive.

Aye I kna. Comes across like they're talking at you rather than to you.

38 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Yeah that twitter thread above containing those emails is incredible. I'm really not sure how you can defend any of that at all. 

Yeah they’re totally screwed, but they’ll find a way to get off as with the UEFA case

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Yeah they’re totally screwed, but they’ll find a way to get off as with the UEFA case

They only got away with the UEFA case because of an out of time clause, PL rules have no such clause 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

They only got away with the UEFA case because of an out of time clause, PL rules have no such clause 

Well then they’re in major trouble. Those emails are just so bad, I can’t see anything other than a massive fine and severe penalties 

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Always annoys me when people just start an email with 'Simon', 'George' etc. it doesn't take 5 seconds to add a 'Hi' and comes off much more friendlier and less aggressive.

Glad I’m not the only one whose first thought was this. :lol: 

19 hours ago, thomas said:

bare minimum should be to dissolve the club and raze manchester.

Yeah, their crimes are so severe that both Manchester clubs should be disbanded immediately.

Or at the very least they should both just be kicked out of whatever cup competitions they are both in.

Edited by Stifler

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Paullow,

you’re spot on kidda. 

OCOCOL ;-)

6 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Wow reading the emails sent between club directors, they knew what they were doing was against the rules, the bottom one made me laugh Etihad sponsorship of £67m per season only £8m was provided by Etihad the rest was paid by the clubs owner 

Reading those emails it is hard to see how they aren't guilty.