Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Bunch of fannies IMO. Lest year we were pretty much rock bottom at this point.

Not at all.  That performance was absolutely rubbish.  We have praised the team when necessary but there is nowt wrong with slagging them off when poor.  The team were shite tonight!

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Pope 6

Tripps 5

Schar 7

Botman 7

Burn 4

Joe 8

Longstaff 6

ASM 5

Miggy 5

Isak 4

Willock 4

Gordon 7

Murphy 6

Anderson 6

Howe 4

Team average 5.5 or so, and Howe 4? You think the players did better than expected based on Howe set up the team and managed the game? :lol:

Not sure you can single out any players, just collectively very poor. We look extremely jaded. Past 12 months of a paper thin squad is catching up with us. Not sure how we can improve going forward, we just don't seem to have the energy.

We look tired all over the pitch, we’re having to push the issue more in games now and there’s been times when we look stretched. It’s leading to individual mistakes, injuries and a general loss of form across the board.

The World Cup was terrible for us. Not that we had too many there, hasn’t seemed to have affected the England players but the squad who remained just look shot.

I know giving the players time off is not something Eddie Howe does much of but they look like they need a week in a health spa.

4 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Absolutely pathetic performance again.

Didn't deserve to win at all.

Dropped points in 4/5 games against 4 of the worst teams in form :lol:

Pathetic??

That’s a ridiculous comment.

Arsenal drew at home, Tottenham got hammered 4-1. That’s football in the Premier League. We weren’t at it but considering our squad depth that was nowhere near pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, Aiston said:

We've also dropped points against West Ham, Bournemouth, Leeds and Palace who are in the bottom 8 form table for 2023 :lol:

Man United just drew with Leeds and CP so I don't think we are unusual! Arsenal just lost to Everton and drew with Brentford and Tottenham just got spanked by Leicester. 

Think we are fine! Just a bad patch. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, GlenMag said:

I dunno about anyone else, but I think a point away against a side fighting for their lives is always a good point, even better when your squad is getting thinner by the game

To not get beat after a poor performance away is nothing to be sniffed at.