Lewis Miley

Ronson333

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Was impressed with his performance too. His touch and passing isn't there yet, but off the ball he was terrific. So intelligent, composed, and his timing of tackles and blocks was perfect. Never once lost concentration or discipline or got lured into an early tackle.

Thought his passing and touch were pretty good tbh. Second half the whole team were just clearing it instead of passing out so I'm not going to judge him individually on that. He played an excellent pass off his left foot in the first half which Isak and Gordon were too knackered to make the run for but both acknowledged. 

I wouldn't even say his passing was bad, it was just a case of him and Isak not being on the same wavelength. Isak kept coming short, Miley kept playing it into the channels, maybe he should have realised he needed to stop playing those balls, or equally maybe Isak should have realised he needed to make those runs. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Hilarious how non-plussed he seemed during the CL anthem. Just fidgeting about, then I saw this :lol:

Screenshot_20231129_114023_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6389754887ea67dddb2ff4645b492e6e.jpg

Couldn't look less impressed. :lol:

He clearly appears to just take everything in his stride; certainly doesn't look overawed or nervous. It's absolutely crackers that we had an academy lad starting that game.

Was impressed with his performance too. His touch and passing isn't there yet, but off the ball he was terrific. So intelligent, composed, and his timing of tackles and blocks was perfect. Never once lost concentration or discipline or got lured into an early tackle.

Seems a given that he'll be a star at this point. 

Only a little thing but look at that compared to Murphy who looked overawed during it in the San Siro. :lol:

Think we have a star here.

Yeah I think to play in our midfield 3 requires a huge amount of intelligence and each position seems to be unique, ie Longstaff and his relationship with tripper/Miggy is totally different to joelinton and burn/Gordon... It's not a case at all of just slotting in and winging it

Amazing he can fill in as effectively away at a European superclub. 

Wonder what we will do next season with him, a loan at some point I'd have thought would be the plan but he looks good enough to genuinely be a key part of our squad 

1 hour ago, janpawel said:

Yeah I think to play in our midfield 3 requires a huge amount of intelligence and each position seems to be unique, ie Longstaff and his relationship with tripper/Miggy is totally different to joelinton and burn/Gordon... It's not a case at all of just slotting in and winging it

Amazing he can fill in as effectively away at a European superclub. 

Wonder what we will do next season with him, a loan at some point I'd have thought would be the plan but he looks good enough to genuinely be a key part of our squad 

Can't see him going out on loan, Howe had made it clear he's part of the first team squad, he'll get enough minutes here and continues to be around Howe/players

Don't really see what value a loan would offer, especially if it's at a lower level 

On 28/11/2023 at 22:13, Ben said:

Remember though he's from Stanley not Chester le Street

I was wondering about that. The commentator originally said ‘born in Chester le Street’, I was thinking surely he’d have been born at Dryburn,maternity hospital for the area, unless a home birth. 

25 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I was wondering about that. The commentator originally said ‘born in Chester le Street’, I was thinking surely he’d have been born at Dryburn,maternity hospital for the area, unless a home birth. 

Not long before the mackems claim him as one of their urn.

9 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, no chance he'll be going out on loan, particularly given that his age and homegrown status mean he doesn't take up a squat slot.

Yeah.  If we have designs on trying to compete in 3-4 competitions every season.  Then he should be kept at the club 100%.