Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Watching the match cam, he was involved in so much in that first half. The way he receives the ball and quickly moves it on is a level above Longstaff already. He’s got a huge future.

Just imagine how Bruce would have ruined this kid man.

Such a great time to be coming through at the club.

Howe is such a good manager that puts you in a position to do your best. 

Very lucky boy.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Very lucky boy.

I really dont wish to imagine anything related to Bruce :lol: 

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Very lucky boy.

Nevermind Bruce, imagine the state of him if Pardew got hold of him. Remember the way he blamed Armstrong when he made his debut?

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Nevermind Bruce, imagine the state of him if Pardew got hold of him. Remember the way he blamed Armstrong when he made his debut?

Was that the fact it was Armstrong's fault we conceded for taking a shot at the wrong time, conveniently forgetting the entire midfield and defence that didn’t do their jobs after the shot?

That bloke was an utter fraud and the fact some are using the fact things got even worse after him, to kind of give him a free pass, still boils my piss

14 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bringing youth through is such a delicate thing to manage.

It really does need a manager that relishes coaching and player development, as well as patience. Howe seems to have all these traits.

I'm pretty sure there have been plenty players that under the right environment and conditions, would have had a chance, but the state of the club just gave them no opportunity for growth.

Going to be really great seeing players come through, especially with Ashworth instilling the kind of youth setup he was over seeing at Brighton.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I remember a 3-3 draw with Burnley where at the end we put Armstrong on and got Williamson to hit 70 yard balls towards him against Mee and Tarkowski. Somehow this genius tactic bore no fruit.

Was the same thing in the game I mentioned. Except against Chris Smalling and Rio Ferdinand.

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I remember a 3-3 draw with Burnley where at the end we put Armstrong on and got Williamson to hit 70 yard balls towards him against Mee and Tarkowski. Somehow this genius tactic bore no fruit.

I will never forgive him for putting Ameobi on the right wing ahead of Ben Arfa.

He's been great. Like really good.

He doesn't give it away, but he doesn't try to make killer passes - yet. That will come in time, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to keep it as neat and tidy as possible now.

There's absolutely nowt better than seeing a local lad doing well either. Having Longstaff, Burn, Anderson & Miley in the squad can only be good for the club long term (especially on the first weekend in January too...).

11 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

He's been great. Like really good.

He doesn't give it away, but he doesn't try to make killer passes - yet. That will come in time, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to keep it as neat and tidy as possible now.

There's absolutely nowt better than seeing a local lad doing well either. Having Longstaff, Burn, Anderson & Miley in the squad can only be good for the club long term (especially on the first weekend in January too...).

He got an assist in his second game with an exceptional through ball.

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

He got an assist in his second game with an exceptional through ball.

Aye in that moment when the ball broke to him he picked out Isak with an excellent ball, shows what he's capable of. Still, you can't have watched him very closely if you don't agree with the principle point @Chicken Dancer is making - he's very clearly keeping things ticking over possession wise alongside making excellent runs which create space.

On 04/12/2023 at 22:38, AJ9 said:

Watching the match cam, he was involved in so much in that first half. The way he receives the ball and quickly moves it on is a level above Longstaff already. He’s got a huge future.

It's a very small detail, but if you watch the extended highlight at 02:17 the way he passes the ball with his left foot to get it in a forward direction to Bruno while being pressured is something you rarely if ever see Longstaff do, who would rather have passed the ball back to Lacselles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU19hg90_GA&t=323s&ab_channel=NewcastleUnited

Edited by Conjo

3 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Got away with a few tbh.

Other than that he's been good.

I think that's harsh, he had a few hospital balls fired at him, he did looked gassed out when he tracked back a couple of times which is worrying but totally understandable