Lewis Miley

Ronson333

On 29/01/2024 at 18:12, Optimistic Nut said:

I think at least half a season to a season where he's the best player in the team and he's playing every week at the age of 19 is reasonable like. Keep him here and use sparingly for a season, then send him out, then bring him back for good. 

Or just keep him and let him gradually get better 

Loans are useful but it's not always necessary 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

22 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Standing on the badge!  An insult!!! Sell the little cretin'!! ;D

Could have vacuumed the rug beforehand, the little white bits to the left of the crest are bugging me.

Edited by SAK

Just now, SAK said:

Could have vacuumed the rug beforehand, the little white bits to the top left of the crest are bugging me.

It's almost like Ashley is back in charge and there's only Charnley doing all the tasks and he hasn't got around to cleaning yet.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Excellent first half. Probably his best yet. Was running on fumes by the time he was subbed. 

yeah was decent today.

needs to work on his left foot though.

Thought he played well. Ran himself In to the ground, sometimes I think he plays it a bit too safe. Understandable given his age, but something  for him to improve on.

Edited by Rafalove

He can mix it at this level but has obviously still got a load of physical development to do, especially in his engine room, he always noticeably drops off after about 50 minutes. Going to be a top player when we can afford to ease him in and out of games. 

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

He can mix it at this level but has obviously still got a load of physical development to do, especially in his engine room, he always noticeably drops off after about 50 minutes. Going to be a top player when we can afford to ease him in and out of games. 

If we don't have to sell him...:howe:

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Rather naively I always thought the kids would have better engines. Assume premiership match fitness comes with experience though 

Grown men have better engines; Miley is still a kid.  He’s still got a lot of growing to do until he’ll be able to keep up. 

In 2-3 years, if he stays relatively injury free, keeps his head down even if there are longer spells he is out of the starting team and focuses on improving himself as he grows into his body, he could be a generational talent. So clever in what he does. He'll win more and more of the 50/50 challenges he's currently losing to players nearly twice his age at the moment, and will be able to function at a higher level longer than he does now in games. With more confidence in his physique I'm sure we'll see him taking on players more often too. It's obvious he can do it, and did it a few times quite successfully against Forest. Against Fulham he showed how sensitive & sweet his passing is. Today he showed real discipline & hard work.

I’ve no doubt he would have been off 10-15 mins earlier if we’d had a serviceable midfielder on the bench.

But being in these kind of situations is absolutely going to stand him in good stead going forward.

8 hours ago, Andy said:

He was bullied like fuck by McGinn from that corner at the end of the first-half poor kid. :lol:

He'll get stronger with age.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was bullied like fuck by McGinn from that corner at the end of the first-half poor kid. :lol:

He'll get stronger with age.

Hopefully a good lesson for him :thup:

McGinn lost his temper it seemed. Think he was embarrased getting schooled by a 17 year old kid.

Love Miley. He's got all the potential to be a huge player for us for years.