Lewis Miley

Ronson333

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What is happening with the academy & new training ground?  They’ve been here over two years and I’ve seen nowt to date

Radio silence on this front, we were looking for land 18 months ago, not sure if we’ve acquired any yet. 

41 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Good experience for the lad. Would like to see him out on loan next season. He doesn’t look ready for the PL but you can see he has bags of ability. 

I think he is ready. Not to play every game, but he learns more to train with the first team every day and play some games here and there than to go out on loan to some dodgy football league team.

He just need time to develop and I think he is at the right place with Howe as the boss. He's just 17 and at the start of it all.

Will be great to see his progress.

Edited by Toon No9

Once we get even better and stronger, with more technically gifted players that will allow us to control games and possession. Then it’s the perfect time to play him with a very strong eleven against lesser teams. The team being stronger and more in control with higher quality around him will do the world of good for him and allow him to grow steadily. He will then become even more assured and be more involved. It will then be much easier for him not having to feel to much responsibility but just playing it simple and growing with the feeling that he belongs. Think this would be the best way to start. With time he will grab more of the cake flourish. Not very easy coming into a game like Bournemouth where we are extremely fatigued and poor overall at his age. Yet I thought he was one of our best players.

This might be the worst thing ever mentioned on this forum. The point above makes me think of those smaller fishes that hitchhike with a Great White. Let him be that fish with the big boys until he becomes a great white himself :lol: He will learn so much and grow from it. And we can afford him to be that little fish when we are further ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Once we get even better and stronger, with more technically gifted players that will allow us to control games and possession. Then it’s the perfect time to play him with a very strong eleven against lesser teams. The team being stronger and more in control with higher quality around him will do the world of good for him and allow him to grow steadily. He will then become even more assured and be more involved. It will then be much easier for him not having to feel to much responsibility but just playing it simple and growing with the feeling that he belongs. Think this would be the best way to start. With time he will grab more of the cake flourish. Not very easy coming into a game like Bournemouth where we are extremely fatigued and poor overall at his age. Yet I thought he was one of our best players.

This might be the worst thing ever mentioned on this forum. The point above makes me think of those smaller fishes that hitchhike with a Great White. Let him be that fish with the big boys until he becomes a great white himself :lol: He will learn so much and grow from it. And we can afford him to be that little fish when we are further ahead. 

Totally agree - he’s 17 - probably not even stopped growing - gently ease him the next 18 months - we have to buy a CM in the summer 

12 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Totally agree - he’s 17 - probably not even stopped growing - gently ease him the next 18 months - we have to buy a CM in the summer 

Not a defensive midfielder - someone similar to Tonali 

1 hour ago, Toon No9 said:

I think he is ready. Not to play every game, but he learns more to train with the first team every day and play some games here and there than to go out on loan to some dodgy football league team.

He just need time to develop and I think he is at the right place with Howe as the boss. He's just 17 and at the start of it all.

Will be great to see his progress.

What do you think he’s ready for?

I don’t think he’s ready to start games away in the PL if we expect to win them. 

He’s ready for 15-20 minutes at the end of games. And learning how to be a pro in this squad. 

Totally agree with @The College Dropouton this one. The lad needs air miles. 

A full season at championship club who are well coached would do him wonders.

He's incredibly tidy on the ball, looks to have an athletic build, but it's very early days and we shouldn't be relying on someone so young.

Reckon if you put him in Bruno's position with something close to our strongest eleven otherwise he'd very much hold his own.

Tend to agree that the best thing for him would probably be a year on loan somewhere but it's a bit like the situation with Elliot Anderson last summer. And in retrospect possibly even Minteh.

We just don't have the squad depth to send players away yet.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Going to be a top player when he bulks up a bit and gains the belief to impose himself a little bit more. Only Bruno moves the ball more fluently than him of our midfielders.

Yeah just be careful with him - my god he’s good though - this is valuable experience he’s gaining 

Excellent.

Considering the number of players we are missing, the fact he was able to slot in and look first team ready is a massive plus.

Hopefully he won't be required massively this season so that he can be eased in due to his age but it's also good for his development for him to experience these sort of games so early in his career.