Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We’ll never win anything in my lifetime. I’m resigned to that. I’ll enjoy lots of 2nd places.

We will. The takeover was completed October 2021 and we've already reached a final.

While I think we played well, and where unlucky and gave everything for the performance.

Casemiro was easily man of the match, he's absolutely world class, and probably the best DM in the world, I'm 100% convinced he was the difference today.

Second half was disappointing, they were so good at shutting us down but it would have been great to see a couple more clear cut chances. I’m sure we’ll be adding more quality in the summer to help us break down teams that are so defensively solid 

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

As are you, spending the past few weeks telling everyone they’ve got no right to be critical of the transfer window. Allow people their correct opinions without getting personal.

Always thought you were one of the most solid posters, but I think you've gone a little bit overboard on this, dude.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

As are you, spending the past few weeks telling everyone they’ve got no right to be critical of the transfer window. Allow people their correct opinions without getting personal.

I didn't say that at all, I said people demanding a CL quality squad one year after fighting relegation are acting like spoilt brats and need to be patient.

I'm not the only one who thinks this by the way, can you not just wind your neck in for a day?

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

"Correct opinions", I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with you, just howay man have a fucking word :lol:

Just now, Amir_9 said:

Thought ASM was decent today - obviously with the exception of the occasion he fluffed the ball and it went out for a GK.

There are other upgrades we need to be making far more important than replacing him to be honest anyway.

Even that was just miscommunication of a runner in behind.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

While I think we played well, and where unlucky and gave everything for the performance.

Casemiro was easily man of the match, he's absolutely world class, and probably the best DM in the world, I'm 100% convinced he was the difference today.

Absolutely worth the money.

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Go on then, somehow FFP doesn’t matter and you can spend £100m.  How does that fix what I just watched?  Who do you bring in?  For every cunt banging on about Maddison, he’s not in Casemiro’s class - and he’d be cup tied.  I’m struggling to see how one or two players (at most) fixes today. 

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Always thought you were one of the most solid posters, but I think you've gone a little bit overboard on this, dude.

He is literally always like this and has been for years. You've just got to tune it out tbh

I can't really fault the effort this time, unlike 98 or 99. But our attacking play is becoming a major concern. We seem to create chances by co-incidence rather than through design. I can't say we have an attacking plan at all. Our free kicks keep getting worse as time goes on. The corner that ended up with trippier passing it back to the half way line was the last straw. Embarrassing that a finished Ritchie can come on and take a great corner straight away. I can't even remember the last time we looked threatening from set pieces or going forward.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Go on then, somehow FFP doesn’t matter and you can spend £100m.  How does that fix what I just watched?  Who do you bring in?  For every cunt banging on about Maddison, he’s not in Casemiro’s class - and he’d be cup tied.  I’m struggling to see how one or two players (at most) fixes today. 

It's been 3 windows tbf. We're great at identifying players who will fit our system but obviously pretty bad at actually scouting them. It's something that will get better (hopefully by the summer) but it's becoming increasingly more obvious that Howe needs help like.

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

How?Many people said it in the thread. We could be playing now and we wouldn’t score. If a 3rd was going to go in, it would be for Man U.  

We competed well enough. But it was a regulation win for Man Utd. They had more class, a cutting edge, looked imperious at the back. Yeh they fought off the back foot but they were always in control. 

They were luckier, they scored a set piece goal and a deflection that was going wide. Not like they were creating loads all game either. Those two lucky goals come for us and we are winning that game. Fair play to Man Utd for how well they closed the game out though, Ten Hag has made them really solid.

Edited by Pata