Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Inevitably going to be some upset people here but I think people need to keep in mind how far we have come in the last 12-18 months, to even be in with a chance is a great feeling.

Hoping our league form can now be revived now we can fully concentrate on it. 

I would love to see them succeeding with us, but it’s clear that the likes of Almiron, ASM and Wilson are just short of the real top level and need to be replaced sooner rather than later.

Ah well, another Wembley defeat.  Miles ahead of schedule and it looked it.  Worth remembering that future NUFC sides at Wembley will likely look very different.  Can’t fault the effort to get there, but the quality is lacking.  Glad Karius had a decent game - didn’t want to see the man broken. 

Just now, Bada Bing said:

Been taught a lesson, genuinely don’t think Man U have had to get out second gear. We’ll learn from it. 

Honest opinion, they don’t have a 2nd gear.

I’ve seen them a few times this season, and they are never really that much stronger than the other team. They ultimately get the referee onside and get the decisions to kill games.

I don’t think they have a 2nd gear and I think sooner or later they will be found the fuck out.

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Better team.  Considering they are the best in-form team in Europe.  Absolutely no shame.

Just Fucking unlucky.  We will be back.  

We were nowhere near the better team, like.

They had us in their pockets from minute 1.

And that's absolutely no criticism of our players. They've been phenomenal so far this season.

Sky straight off, can't be arsed with the poor man u have had it so hard for so long wankfest that will be the rest of the afternoon, their squad cost billions and we are still playing champo players.

Well done lads, well done the fans but just a bridge too far today.

Pretty deflating. Feel even worse for my brothers who, as students mind you, shelled out a grand each (and the cost of train tickets on top of that) for scalped tickets. Weren’t allowed in because they were fakes. Scamming bastards.

Shitty day all round tbh.

Edited by McCormick

Difficult to type this without sounding like a wanker, but there's levels to this and we're not quite there yet, but we will be. We're once again gaining control of a game but proving to be absolutely impotent. 

It is what it is, I think the players have given everything, no complaints on that front whatsoever. 

Well done to Eddie and the team for getting us this far, for giving us a taste of whats to come. And big kudos to the fans who have been terrific and will get everything we deserve in time. 

I think for the most part over the 90 we were the better team, but Man United just managed the game really, well especially in the second half. We had chances and never gave up, but didn't quite have that final ball, which is a story of our last 8 or so games. 

Proud of the club, the fans, and the players, I may have not been enough today, but they played their heart out.

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

Inevitably going to be some upset people here but I think people need to keep in mind how far we have come in the last 12-18 months, to even be in with a chance is a great feeling.

Hoping our league form can now be revived now we can fully concentrate on it. 

I would love to see them succeeding with us, but it’s clear that the likes of Almiron, ASM and Wilson are just short of the real top level and need to be replaced sooner rather than later.

I’d love to be positive about our league form but realistically we could’ve played for 4 hours there and wouldn’t have scored. We’ve been the worst team in the league going forward for a couple of months now and we don’t have the playing staff to change it. The window was a massive chance to be proactive and we didn’t take it.