Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Well I'd rather lose at Wembley then be scared of being relegated in February. Still been a great season so far, and it's early days in our rebuild.

Genuinely think that in 5 years time when we're much more developed in the plan, we will look back on this season with fond memories, the backline, the unbeaten run and clean sheets, Miggy's purple patch and a cup final, and with a bunch of players that seem like they're a good bunch 

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's what pissed me off the most.

A set of truly deserving fans and bunch of spoiled cunts - see the last two finals too.

Its wasted on them where we'd create something special.

Shit work by the football gods.

Footballs not fair unfortunately, generally the arseholes tend to win.

Can’t fault the effort for the players and then fans. That’s a display we should be proud of. “We want a team that try” - they did it.

however, from now on, we really need to think about the future and start to make some changes. For instance, Wilson should be dropped and let Isak play.

You can see how far we have to go to reach that elite level. We've done so well to get so close but we didn't deserve to win today and we look like a team that's run out of steam. I hope we can find some more energy for the final weeks of the season.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to be positive about our league form but realistically we could’ve played for 4 hours there and wouldn’t have scored. We’ve been the worst team in the league going forward for a couple of months now and we don’t have the playing staff to change it. The window was a massive chance to be proactive and we didn’t take it.

Yeah. It’s been said a hundred times but what a missed opportunity that window was.

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to be positive about our league form but realistically we could’ve played for 4 hours there and wouldn’t have scored. We’ve been the worst team in the league going forward for a couple of months now and we don’t have the playing staff to change it. The window was a massive chance to be proactive and we didn’t take it.

Worst team in the league? Give over, man.

Dark arts when it's us, streetwise when it's Man United. Interesting.

Great effort from the players. Thought Burn ran himself into the ground for the team.

Just unlucky, and I think on a different day we win that. Class to be in a final, and I'm sure we'll  be in plenty more finals to come.  Howay the lads!

Oh well. We tried and could have gotten something with a bit of luck. Nothing to be ashamed of.

They could replace their right back to cover our threat with a very good defender once they got the booking on Dalot. We brought on Matt Ritchie in the end.

At the end of the day their squad is a lot stronger, and we probably needed the first goal. I'm sure we will be back and will compete in this competition in the future.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Glad its over tbh, think it’s been effecting the players and staff the last month and they will be better for the experience.

Yeah now it’s over hopefully we mix it up a little, get Gordon, Isak and Targett in the team and push on for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Honest opinion, they don’t have a 2nd gear.

I’ve seen them a few times this season, and they are never really that much stronger than the other team. They ultimately get the referee onside and get the decisions to kill games.

I don’t think they have a 2nd gear and I think sooner or later they will be found the fuck out.

They’ve won something like 16 out of the last 18 and are third in the league so think That’sa ridiculous statement personally.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We were nowhere near the better team, like.

They had us in their pockets from minute 1.

And that's absolutely no criticism of our players. They've been phenomenal so far this season.

Yep, agreed on all points.  I’m afraid that the tactics used by lesser teams when used by Man Utd are going to work to perfection.  We can’t break down Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth etc when they do it.  For Man Utd they didn’t have to break a sweat second half - the were comfortably the better side. 

I wish we won but at least we are moving forward. Fuck those plastic fucks from Man Urine. The fucks had no presence in the stands.

Now, I just hope that our players will be so angry and motivated and we will get our top 6... wish it was top 4 but we don't have enough strong players outside first eleven. Anyways I hope we defeat those fucks in April...