Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 04/03/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Definitely wouldn't be averse to a bit of a shake-up. Targett, Gordon and Isak all to start; in place of one of Burn/Botman, Almiron and Wilson. Maybe Willock for Longstaff and even Murphy for Maxi. The attack just feels very, very stale atm; dying for a bit of something different. 

Pope

Trippier     Schar    Botman    Targett

Murphy     Bruno    Willock  Joelinton

Gordon

Isak 

I know, Murphy. But I think he's looked bright in his recent sub appearances and it would be interesting to see if we might benefit from more directness on that wing. Plus it's a right-footer on the right, we've not had that since Fraser. He's got a good delivery, potentially leading to more service, so I think it's worth a shot.

Just can't take much more of Almiron cutting back with the ball or running into congested spaces without it. Or any more of Wilson being one second behind everyone else whilst being completely disarmed by two defenders. Bit harsh on Maxi maybe but Joe's more suited to an orthodox LW role imo, and Maxi's good off the bench. 

That’s sort of where my thinking is too. Almiron’s one trick has been picked up and he just looks like the Almiron of old at present.  The side needs something fresh to me, but I don’t think Howe is that type of manager

If Targett is fit, he absolutely has to come in. I love Dan Burn, but he needs a rest, or something. Wilson the other obvious candidate to drop out. Dare I say get Miggy out for Gordon as well. Gotta shake things up now as we're too predictable 

32 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

If Targett is fit, he absolutely has to come in. I love Dan Burn, but he needs a rest, or something. Wilson the other obvious candidate to drop out. Dare I say get Miggy out for Gordon as well. Gotta shake things up now as we're too predictable 

Yep things definitely need freshening up. I actually think we’ll settle down in the league ok now the cup is out the way as I think it’s been a major distraction combined with form dipping. Tough match this though. 

Shitty play Bristol City in the cup on tuesday night - so they'll probably put out the Z team for that - so all their major players will be rested unless something fucks up on tuesday night and some of them get a 20 min run out.

So expecting a defeat, margin - you can't be sure with city nowadays as they seem to be 'too precise' with their playing, 3-1 at a guess.

10 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

I think Burn had a really good game yesterday, so I'm not sure he'll be dropped.

But. If Target is fit I'd prefer him at LB too - he's not as attacking as Burn, but he does all the dirty work and frees up ASM better.

Hope they're looking at Schar closely after he got clobbered. Burn is always an option to go back into the middle if Schar or Botman are carrying a knock.

And yeah, where Gordon fits in is a bit of a riddle. He'd have fresh legs, at least.