"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Uh what? It's 100% on you the viewer if you chose to ignore what's being said about the show's content before you watch it and you set yourself up thinking it'll be something it clearly isn't. 

Mate that’s now how tv shows work. We are fans and most of us don’t love it. Why would a neutral love it?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Mate that’s now how tv shows work. We are fans and most of us don’t love it. Why would a neutral love it?

I'm not arguing about who likes the show or not and who it is intended for. I'm also not arguing why a neutral would love it. 

I'm reading posts from people here saying they EXPECTED it to be something when it was clearly told to us many times before release it was going to the be opposite of what those posters wanted. So they watched it, and are miffed. That is fine. But if the press literally said IT WON'T BE ABOUT THE INNER WORKINGS OF EDDIE HOWE'S TACTICS AND DRESSING ROOM. And you still tuned in thinking it was going to be about Eddie Howe and the dressing room. You either failed to read the disclaimers or ignored it. 

Personally I thought it was OK,  nowt special, but as a nufc fan I enjoyed it to an extent...I.will admit I'd seen none of the other series focusing on arsenal or City or the filth...so I had no expectations, and I guess that may make a difference to my opinion of it.

I thought it was a fantastic watch. Not sure what other people’s expectations were, but I watched in hope of something positive and informative (personalities behind the running of the club) and big ticks for both. 

Also, there was a bit of double take re ‘is this really us, are we that interesting?’. Another big tick. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I generally like most footie documentaries as I like to see the inner workings. All or Nothing, Simeone, Chiesa's recovery from ACL, etc. All good stuff to me. 

If the club's goal was to have this bring in new fans from abroad or interest casual viewers, then I think that's an opportunity missed. Overall, it was decent, I enjoyed it because it was just additional NUFC content and I can't get enough of that. 

My Mrs enjoyed it and she has very little interest in football. Watches our games when they're on TV because she has no choice but apart from that she had very little knowledge of how our club is run and had no idea who was who.

She thought the love for football in the city was amazing from the young to the old, and that it's great that a woman is so high up in our ownership.

And she likes Schar. She definitely likes Schar [emoji38]

I don't see how this is even meant to bring in new fans if I'm honest.

It brushes over so much of our history, barely even shows the season.

Everyone is already skeptical of SA and Newcastle, this show does nothing to change that perception.

18 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

My Mrs enjoyed it and she has very little interest in football. Watches our games when they're on TV because she has no choice but apart from that she had very little knowledge of how our club is run and had no idea who was who.

She thought the love for football in the city was amazing from the young to the old, and that it's great that a woman is so high up in our ownership.

And she likes Schar. She definitely likes Schar [emoji38]

I could have written this post. My Mrs also likes Wilson.

We watched it and got quite emotional a few times. 

Anyone watching those 4 episodes and not getting teary eyed at that Cruddas Park youngun can get to fuck. 

As for the rest of you Mark Kermode wannabes, ram ya pretentious patter up ya hoops. 

We loved it. 

22 hours ago, Bally21 said:

Personally I thought it was OK,  nowt special, but as a nufc fan I enjoyed it to an extent...I.will admit I'd seen none of the other series focusing on arsenal or City or the filth...so I had no expectations, and I guess that may make a difference to my opinion of it.

Exactly this.

22 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

We watched it and got quite emotional a few times. 

Anyone watching those 4 episodes and not getting teary eyed at that Cruddas Park youngun can get to fuck. 

As for the rest of you Mark Kermode wannabes, ram ya pretentious patter up ya hoops. 

We loved it. 

:lol:

22 hours ago, Rich said:

The few neutrals I know seem to have really enjoyed it, even though I didn't have my black and white socks blown off by it.

Same. It's a good job some of us weren't in charge of producing it, would have been 100 episodes containing 50 minute interviews with Nikos Dabizas and Carl Cort as absolutely essential context

I thought the first episode was OK, the second slightly better, and the last two really good.

Don’t really know what people expected from it. It’s NUFC content. That’s all I care about.

And it was certainly fun seeing inside the dressing room a bit, and also the Adidas stuff.

39 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Content, topic and bias aside, is it as good as the mackem one on Netflix? I really enjoyed that, thought it was was really well put together.

Nah, it's nothing remotely like Sunderland til I Die. It's a PR piece rather than anything 'warts n all.' There's very little access to the day-to-day football side of the club.