Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not going to lie, for as good as ASM has been, I still feel like he could have made more of a couple of situations. But those two through balls to Isak were just gold.

You can say this of any decent to great flair/wing player, it doesn't always come off, but when it does...

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Should have had at least one more goal. Some great play but not getting any luck in the box. Is it just me who thinks Bruno is not quite on it? 

By his standards he's had a very, very quiet game so far.

Joelinton back next week might lift him back up.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah Pope should have been off 

Not sure actually, I thought so at first, but it looks like the Wolves lad is the one who put his shoulder in there.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Will have to see more replays but didn't think Pope's was a pen, lucky though he was. But Jimenez blasted it away then left his trailing leg behind. Looked like he was trying to buy it.

Take it back, incredibly lucky. 

Just now, TRon said:

Not sure actually, I thought so at first, but it looks like the Wolves lad is the one who put his shoulder in there.

Really ? Thought that replay was pretty conclusive, pen and red for me.

Just now, Mountain said:

By his standards he's had a very, very quiet game so far.

Joelinton back next week might lift him back up.

Yeah I think he's feeling the loss of Joelinton in there. Willock's playing wll, but more as an attacker than a midfield boss.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Will have to see more replays but didn't think Pope's was a pen, lucky though he was. But Jimenez blasted it away then left his trailing leg behind. Looked like he was trying to buy it.

Jimenez threw his backside into Pope and fell. He initiated the contact. Nobody falls like that :lol:

Attacking three all doing well. Great finish from Isak, who's causing them big problems. Willock playing well too. The rest are so-so, Bruno mostly peripheral. Longstaff started well but has struggled a bit since.

Pope very lucky for that incident, which was well within "seen em given" territory.

Just now, TRon said:

Exactly - its no different to when a player shifts their leg out to get contact.  I still would have been livid had it not been given for us mind