Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

Pretty clean half of football for us, Wolves just arnt functioning at the same pace as us and they will need to adjust to deal with Isaks threat here. However I think he’ll go off at 60ish mins.

Edited by Nine

Decent first half, a bit below average before the goal and then looked class for 10-15 minutes after the goal.

Murphy been alright, some crosses in.

ASM playing much better and Willock is helping a lot with dragging the usual extra defender away from ASM.

Isak the best on the pitch so far, quality runs terrorising the Wolves defence and a great header.

Burn, think he deserves some credit today, been excellent defensively. Maybe give him another 10-15 minutes and then sub for Targett before Burn is knackered.

Will have to see more replays but didn't think Pope's was a pen, lucky though he was. But Jimenez blasted it away then left his trailing leg behind. Looked like he was trying to buy it.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

agreed. Willock needs to be one of the midfielders for it to work I think, too.

Yeah, Willock should be bombing forward whenever Isak drops and providing a forward run in those instances. He's perfect for that and I think we'll see more of that from him.

Really like that Isak dropping in has improved our build up play and provided a simpler forward pass for our midfielders to link play. Noticed it's meant a lot less dodgy passing from Longstaff and Willock.

Just now, TRon said:

Not going to lie, for as good as ASM has been, I still feel like he could have made more of a couple of situations. But those two through balls to Isak were just gold.

The through balls were great, it’s what I’ve wanted him to be doing for a long time. Still to me lacks the football IQ at times and his natural instinct to do what he’s always done kicks in rather than doing what’s obviously the more effective choice in certain situations.