Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah Pope should have been off 

Jimenez looks to go into him after playing the ball.

Pope is actually looking to pull out of the challenge and so he would have been clean through, but he looks for the contact.

Could have gone either way, but I like the decision. Like most of these attackers do he's looking for the foul over just taking the opportunity that was there for him.

Easy to forget that Murphy started pretty much every game in October when we were winning every game. Obviously he is below standards individually but for some reason his presence in the team seems to work.

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

By his standards he's had a very, very quiet game so far.

Joelinton back next week might lift him back up.

He s not back next week unfortunately,  2 game ban

2 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Bruno quiet. 
Willock good. 
maxim Isak link up good. 
penalty appeal he jumps off the ground into pope. Then there is contact.  

Bruno quiet? He's been everywhere!

Just now, KaKa said:

Jimenez looks to go into him after playing the ball.

Pope is actually looking to pull out of the challenge and so he would have been clean through, but he looks for the contact.

Could have gone either way, but I like the decision. Like most of these attackers do he's looking for the foul over just taking the opportunity that was there for him.

That's how I saw it after seeing it again. Was sure it was a penalty at first but on second viewing I think Jiminez was trying to buy one.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Easy to forget that Murphy started pretty much every game in October when we were winning every game. Obviously he is below standards individually but for some reason his presence in the team seems to work.

I want more from him tbh. Started really well then sort of disappeared.

We look so much fresher for a change around, I can understand Eddie keeping a settled side in the run up to the cup final with the team that got us there and has done so much hard work this season, but he has now got to use the squad, such as it is, and push hard for the rest of the season.

Think the game has shown how underappreciated Willock is, he's been linking the transition from defense to attack really well today, and done it at speed too. He also has legs for days.