In-house media

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, 80 said:

I hope Miggy is saving his money because he certainly isn't having a second career as a rocket surgeon.

The difference between Muphy and Isak on what 'early means'

"10 to 9 bro? some people are here at 7"

:mike:

Edited by Tiresias

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Haven't watched yet but pls stop making the little bairn do interviews, man :lol:

I know it’s a bit painful to watch at the minute, but if he’s going to be as good as we think/hope, he does need some exposure to this side of things, and these ‘soft’ interviews aren’t the worst place to start. 

I watched that Rooney documentary a couple of weeks ago, and his early media appearances as a kid were just 😬😬😬😬

Not exclusive to the club media but they're the worst for it, I cannot bear the post-match questions that get asked of the local lads in particular.

"How does it feel to score your first goal for Newcastle?"

*Bland answer that it feels good to score a goal*

"And you celebrated in front of the fans, how did that feel?"

*Again, it was a good feeling, a nice feeling*

"And you've won the game as well, how does that feel?"

Please make it stop.

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

I know it’s a bit painful to watch at the minute, but if he’s going to be as good as we think/hope, he does need some exposure to this side of things, and these ‘soft’ interviews aren’t the worst place to start. 

I watched that Rooney documentary a couple of weeks ago, and his early media appearances as a kid were just 😬😬😬😬

Yeah I'd have hated that as a kid.

11 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Not exclusive to the club media but they're the worst for it, I cannot bear the post-match questions that get asked of the local lads in particular.

Please make it stop.

Tbf all sports interviews basically go:

Interviewer: "You've done well at sport recently. How happy are you to have done well at sport?"

Sport Person: "Like I say, sport's been going well recently and, you know, I'm very happy. Like I say, it's not been easy and my opponents have also been good at sport, so I've had to work hard, but in the end, you know, I've done good at sport and so I'm very happy. Now, I just need to keep working hard and hopefully that'll help me carry on doing good at sport."

Or:

Interviewer: "You've not done well at sport recently. How hard has it been not to have done well at sport?"

Sport Person: "Yeah, like you say, sport's been hard recently and, you know, I've been playing some tough opponents who have been very good at sport, so, Iike I said, I've not done as well at sport as I would like. But, you know, I've just got to keep working hard, and competing, and, like I say, hopefully soon I'll start doing better at sport again."

Would save everyone a lot of time if they just went:

Interviewer: So...

Sport Person: You know...

Interviewer: Yes I do.

43 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Please make it stop.

It’s shite. Interviewer never really asks any questions and the interviewee never answers any question, just banal drivel dressed up as an interview. It’s mostly just statements like “that was a massive win today” with the player responding “yeah it was a massive win”. Then particularly with NUFCTV just cramming in how great the fans are every five seconds. 

Nick Pope's reaction to the question of who would spend the least amount of money for Christmas seemed a bit off, saying he knows someone but can't say it publicly, I immediately thought there was someone else who was gambling in the team.  But might be way off like [emoji38]

• 2 months later...