Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

On 17/03/2023 at 22:41, HaydnNUFC said:

Following this football club is the greatest hobby on the fucking planet. Thank you so much to @tommo for the ticket.

20230317-215922.jpg

Just seen this mate! anytime, absolute pleasure. I have never had such bruised and cut legs from an away end haha, what a day!

25 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Still think that moment during the match when Jones told Eddie to fuck off was a bit weird. I know stuff like that happens but really didn't expect that from our coaching team during a match. Didn't Jones say similar to Bruce during a game too? 

Not to gloss over a fantastic result and effort from everyone but that was really strange and not something I ever expected to see :dontknow:

Wasn't it the other way round and Bruce told Jones to fuck off?

26 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Still think that moment during the match when Jones told Eddie to fuck off was a bit weird. I know stuff like that happens but really didn't expect that from our coaching team during a match. Didn't Jones say similar to Bruce during a game too? 

Not to gloss over a fantastic result and effort from everyone but that was really strange and not something I ever expected to see :dontknow:

I've not seen that. What happened?

1 hour ago, STM said:

Few things on that match cam:

The play for the Isak goal was unreal. Was like 4 passes super quick.

Botmans elation at the final whistle. Takes alot to get the big man stoked like that.

Bruno not entirely knowing the words to EIEIO is cute.

The raw footage inside the scrum of celebration was epic.

The Trippier free-kick was genius. Deserved a goal.

42 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

This didn’t happen 🙂

19 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I've not seen that. What happened?

Happened about thirty seconds before we scored. Don't think Jones was necessarily telling Howe to fuck off but he was very agitated. :lol:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I really don’t like Graeme Jones.

why? seems to be respected within the game.

eddie would have told him to do one along with the rest of Lardarse's cronies if he was a knob.

Remember when he first came in and we played Everton off the park at Goodison with a split striker formation which was Jones' prefered formation

Steve and Alex Bruce were fuming that Jones got all the credit for it

I don’t know what to make of him, I generally don’t like mouthy people. Much prefer Eddie and Tindall’s demeanour on the touchline. He’s rated as a coach but as we have no insight into that side of things at all (until the docu comes out) it’s hard to know exactly what strengths he brings to coaching the team 

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

Happened about thirty seconds before we scored. Don't think Jones was necessarily telling Howe to fuck off but he was very agitated. :lol:

I thought at the time that Jones was scathing about ASM.  Come half time and ASM is missing.  Make your own minds up.  In my opinion I thought Maxi was atrocious (and I am a fan of his).  The suggested "hamstring injury" is a load of shite as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, Rod said:

I thought at the time that Jones was scathing about ASM.  Come half time and ASM is missing.  Make your own minds up.  In my opinion I thought Maxi was atrocious (and I am a fan of his).  The suggested "hamstring injury" is a load of shite as far as I'm concerned.

Of course :lol:

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

eddie would have told him to do one along with the rest of Lardarse's cronies if he was a knob.

Just the impression I get whenever I’ve seen him or heard him speak, I could be completely wrong about him of course.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Remember when he first came in and we played Everton off the park at Goodison with a split striker formation which was Jones' prefered formation

Steve and Alex Bruce were fuming that Jones got all the credit for it

I remember Bruce being interviewed after the game and he was asked if the Christmas tree formation was his idea and he was totally perplexed.  He eventually stumbled the words "I will let you lot make your own minds up".  He was obviously clueless as to what the Christmas tree was and as always rude and snarling to the interviewer.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

That's what it seemed to me but obviously no idea. 

I thought Jones was raging about ASM too when I saw it. He was moaning to Eddie about something at least and telling the thing/ person he was annoyed about to Fuck Off, not telling Eddie to Fuck Off. 

He was just moaning about it to Eddie and it looked like Eddie was telling him to calm down. 

Edit: Looking at it again Jones’s first word looked like it could be ‘Longstaff’

Edited by LV

22 minutes ago, Rod said:

I'm wrong then?

You think our manager was lying about his injury despite ASM having a key contribution to the goal and Howe said himself he was being effective

37 minutes ago, huss9 said:

This basically. Jones is a well regarded coach  as far as I know, Howe seemed more than happy enough to keep him on.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

You think our manager was lying about his injury despite ASM having a key contribution to the goal and Howe said himself he was being effective

Do you think he'd really say he was crap, looked disinterested and played one decent pass that we'd barely had noticed if we hadn't scored.

Just now, joeyt said:

Well no but all the conspiracies only seem to come out with ASM.

It's very rare Howe makes half time changes unless he absolutely has to. 

Yeah he had to for the sake of the team. We may well find out over the coming weeks with Gordon back and Howe seemingly increasing want to give Anderson game time.