Scott McTominay

Jack27

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

Not bad for a shit league 1 player that hides from the ball :laugh:

Already making some of you look really dumb! Someone must have showed him the horrid takes in this thread!

Give it a break man. You keep going on like this :lol:

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

You talk about snobbery and then you talk utter nonsense about Willock and Longstaff 

Willock is a better player than McTominay and is still getting better 

That's why Arsenal were happy to sell him?

Him and Longstaff will be long gone when Howe gets the green light to spend.

Edited by TheDarkKnight

19 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

That's why Arsenal were happy to sell him?

Him and Longstaff will be long gone when Howe gets the green light to spend.

Chelsea were happy to sell Salah and KDB, what exactly does that prove?

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Kaka's getting too big for his boots.

Yeah, easy to say that now.

When we were first linked and I said I could see him doing well in Howe's setup and the way we play, out came the laughing emojis and assertions that he is shit in response. Cool.

So he has an excellent week for his national team, playing in system that is more of a transition style that is quite different from Man United's setup, that shows that he could indeed look a lot better in a different style of play, and so I fire back with a bit of a cheeky shot of my own, and now I'm too big for my boots.

Absolutely ridiculous. With all due respect. Get over yourself.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, easy to say that now.

When we were first linked and I said I could see him doing well in Howe's setup and the way we play, out came the laughing emojis and assertions that he is shit in response. Cool.

So he has an excellent week for his national team, playing in system that is more of a transition style that is quite different from Man United's setup, that shows that he could indeed look a lot better in a different style of play, and so I fire back with a bit of a cheeky shot of my own, and now I'm too big for my boots.

Absolutely ridiculous. With all due respect. Get over yourself.

What the fuck? [emoji38]

As I've already said in this thread, I don't watch Man U in general or McTominay specifically so I'm not going to get hung up on what he does or doesn't do well. But my main problem with this alleged transfer would be pumping £XXm into Man U's transfer kitty whilst taking the same amount out of our own. Frankly, fuck them.

Unless we can get a real bargain for a player from the former "top 6" (which we know we won't), they can get in the bin. There's plenty of other clubs we can deal with, without getting bent over on fees and without then boosting their warchest as we deplete our own.

For me, that alone is reason enough to shop elsewhere.

5 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yes.

I don't get the snobbery.

We've seen from the previous two Scotland matches what he can do.

In that time, what have Willock and Longstaff done? McTominay has scored 4 goals in two games (2 goals against Spain) Willock and Longstaff have probably watched "Wednesday" on Netflix.

We've seen that he can score goals in spurts, actually something that Longstaff can do as well. I'm sure he can tackle and press effectively as well - again something Longstaff can do as well. My only question is how good is he in possession? Can he hold the ball? Can he bring it out? Can he pass with precision? Is his first touch good? Why did you pay £60m for a 31yr old Brazilian if the answer to all of those questions is yes?

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

As I've already said in this thread, I don't watch Man U in general or McTominay specifically so I'm not going to get hung up on what he does or doesn't do well. But my main problem with this alleged transfer would be pumping £XXm into Man U's transfer kitty whilst taking the same amount out of our own. Frankly, fuck them.

Unless we can get a real bargain for a player from the former "top 6" (which we know we won't), they can get in the bin. There's plenty of other clubs we can deal with, without getting bent over on fees and without then boosting their warchest as we deplete our own.

Feels like we’re cutting our nose off to spite our face taking that attitude. 

We’ve seen countless times Man Utd have almost limitless resources. Because of their commercial revenues, FFP is somewhat of an irrelevance to them.

Doesn’t feel like us giving them £20m/£25m for McTominay makes a great deal of difference to what they choose to do in the transfer market.

35 minutes ago, brummie said:

This is the sort of signing that, at first thought deeply underwhelming (and let's be honest, it would be) depends massively on who else you sign.

Well this is the crux of the matter. I don't have any issue agreeing McTomi'nae would be an upgrade on Longstaff, I would just like to think we can get a better upgrade which would be big six upgrade worthy.

That said, I do trust Howe's judgement, if he thinks McTomi'naah would be a good signing, not going to argue.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Nothing like a couple of international goals to have people doubting themselves. What a difference a week makes. :lol:

Really hope he doesn't start on Sunday and his value stays high. :lol: 

It’s the recency bias that most football fans follow, if he has a shit game on Sunday he will be back to being shit [emoji38]

Personally I’d like us to sign him and think he’d fit in very well within our squad and system, a good option to have. If the price is right of course.

Edited by Nine

31 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Apart from Sancho. We should sign him.

:lol: This fucking thread. From Kaka already trying to 'I told you so' everyone before he's even signed to a Man U fan coming in and denigrating Willock and Longstaff because they can't get in the England team.

Can't believe I was pleased to see a Froggy post ffs.

If we want McTominay we'll probably have to give them an offer they can't refuse even though he rarely starts for them. That's probably not a smart move when you're trying to box clever financially to stay within FFP rules, and I don't like paying above market value to a rival for someone who's started 7 league games from 26.

I suppose the counterargument to that would be Man City selling Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal, who now have a huge chance of pipping them to the title. Man City will be regretting that one I'm sure. Could this be a similar scenario? It's always possible, but I don't see Man U making the same mistake, despite their transfer record in recent years. Look at what they quoted us for Lingard, and we were far less of a threat to them at that point.