Scott McTominay

Jack27

21 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

So keep me right... 

We don't believe any rumours linked  to quality players,

But we should  believe any rumour for a player we don't like

And as 99% of our transfers are out of the blue  we still need  to panic when another journalist jumps on another journalists story about another journalists rumour?

Wonder if we are selling Bruno or Big Joe to Liverpool for less money then we are buying Mctominay? 

I'm pretty sure most of us believe in the Maddison links.. Players like Osimhen however are too expensive for us, especially considering we're not just going to buy a striker and nothing else.

58 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Are people really suggesting that firstly we'll sign McTominay for about £30m to be Longstaff's backup? And that secondly, McTominay will be happy to come here on that basis?

I don't think its about backup.  Its about having two 11s that can do the same job to the same standards.  With the 5 subs allowed now the use of the squad has completely changed.  We are massively lacking in squad depth, while at least 9 of our first 11 are good enough to be starting next season

27 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I don't think its about backup.  Its about having two 11s that can do the same job to the same standards.

Yes, but no matter what anyone says, there'll be a first XI and a second XI.

One of them will be "preferred" in the big matches, and the other will generally play against the weaker opponents.

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

I'm pretty sure most of us believe in the Maddison links.. Players like Osimhen however are too expensive for us, especially considering we're not just going to buy a striker and nothing else.

Same with Rice. Let's get real here, I actually think there's more chance of us signing Messi than either of those two, and that doesn't really disappoint me.

20 hours ago, andycap said:

Anything below 25 million and I think we'll sign him. Anything above I'd walk away. 

Tierney, Maddison & McTominay for around £90m combined? One huge signing like Szoboszlai added to that and I think it'll have been a good window. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

20 hours ago, simonsays said:

I don't think its about backup.  Its about having two 11s that can do the same job to the same standards.  With the 5 subs allowed now the use of the squad has completely changed.  We are massively lacking in squad depth, while at least 9 of our first 11 are good enough to be starting next season

Realistically that's now how it works. That's not how it works for City, Liverpool or Spurs.

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tierney, Maddison & McTominay for around £90m combined? One huge signing like Szoboszlai added to that and I think it'll have been a good window. 

It would lack a je ne sais quoi. Largely down to most of these already being close to their peaks. Throw in Lavia and we'll be warming.

40 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be amazing. I think it’d be the case of one or the other with JM and DS though. Replace one of them with Lavia and it’ll have been a near perfect window.

16 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Any cunt signed yet? 🙄

We're still waiting for Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea to finish their shopping lists, then we'll pop back in to have a look if there's anything left on the shelves.

19 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Seen this twat linked with West Ham in the last day or so, seems so much more likely if you ask me

He'd be a perfect Moyes player tbf. Could see him putting Paqeta on the bench so he could get some good Scottish grit in the middle.

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/status/1667255160077275150

Eddie Howe and his staff have received glowing reports about Scott McTominay’s attitude, work ethic and dedication in training.

He is on Newcastle’s list as they search for a couple of midfielders. Manchester United’s asking price could, however, be a sticking point. #NUFC #

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/status/1667255160077275150

Eddie Howe and his staff have received glowing reports about Scott McTominay’s attitude, work ethic and dedication in training.

He is on Newcastle’s list as they search for a couple of midfielders. Manchester United’s asking price could, however, be a sticking point. #NUFC #

Here's hoping!