Scott McTominay

Jack27

The MacAllister transfer has already set a bench mark for quality of player to fee and wages. MacAllister would have been exactly what we needed and has gone for what seems like a bargain price. Hope he has a bloody miserable career at the self-martyrs.

That being said it's deals like that which I'd judge our own business against. McTominay for anywhere near a similar fee would be a shambles. I still hope to be pleasantly surprised by the business we will do.

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The MacAllister transfer has already set a bench mark for quality of player to fee and wages. MacAllister would have been exactly what we needed and has gone for what seems like a bargain price. Hope he has a bloody miserable career at the self-martyrs.

That being said it's deals like that which I'd judge our own business against. McTominay for anywhere near a similar fee would be a shambles. I still hope to be pleasantly surprised by the business we will do.

He was the same sort of fee as Botman and Bruno if you're measuring? We got a very good keeper for £10m, I'd be very surprised if the clubs in the top 7 don't spend double at least for someone good. If we fancy a player we might pay the asking price even if fans don't agree. 

I have a very strong feeling that he is coming here. I also have a feeling that he will cost more then Mac Allister. 

Oh well, I hope we do bring in 2 midfielders with him being the 'lesser' one. 

16 hours ago, Skeletor said:

He had an agreement with Brighton so he didn't walk away on a free. Great opportunism from Liverpool, but it isn't the benchmark.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

He had an agreement with Brighton so he didn't walk away on a free. Great opportunism from Liverpool, but it isn't the benchmark.

He's only not the bench mark if we sign the right players. McTominay is not the right player.

Apologies for bumping this, but I do wonder if the club see McTominay not only as a midfield option but also someone who can cover central defence.  He has played there a lot for Scotland and he's right footed.

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Apologies for bumping this, but I do wonder if the club see McTominay not only as a midfield option but also someone who can cover central defence.  He has played there a lot for Scotland and he's right footed.

He could do a swap with Schar. 

5 hours ago, simonsays said:

I feel bad for saying this so I apologise... but I don't accept your apology!

From Hope's latest piece:

James Maddison remains of key interest - but not at the £60m Leicester want - and they have again asked about Scott McTominay, although Manchester United’s asking price north of £30m is also prohibitive at present.

:tobey:

1 minute ago, TRon said:

If we sign Toonali and Maddison instead, this thread will go from being diabolical to delicious within the space of one window. Oh how we would laugh at Froggy.

There's always another Ham in the West.

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen