Newcastle United 2-0 Manchester United (02/04/2023)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. I thought we were far more hostile than usual. Every goal kick De Gea was getting shit.

He was probably only taking a touch longer than average at times. Especially when keepers look to go short, then send the defenders up when it’s

not on.

But like you say, Ten Hag drew so much attention to it. That the fans responded and got stuck in on every goal kick. 

Nah, they were proper taking the piss with goal kicks, they kept on doing that fake going to take it as well.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fair play for sticking around amongst all the abuse :lol: 

FWIW, I thought Martinez was incredible. I don’t want to like him. Yet every game I see him. He seems to impress me more and more. Shame

about the rest of your gutless fucks on the day. 

:lol: There's not much abuse when you win.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Nah, they were proper taking the piss with goal kicks, they kept on doing that fake going to take it as well.

That's not us trying to slow the game down, that's De Gea being absolutely shite at playing out from the back and not knowing what to do.

This happens in every game. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That's not us trying to slow the game down, that's De Gea being absolutely shite at playing out from the back and not knowing what to do.

This happens in every game. :lol:

‘That’s not us trying to slow the game down because we’re shit, we’re just shiiiiiiiit’

Your Manager can’t whinge on ahead of the game about us time wasting when you do the same, regardless of you doing it on purpose or just having no direction. It makes him out to be making excuses ahead of the game which is right out of the PFM playbook, Steve Bruce would be proud.

Edited by Stifler

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I know they were. Hence why I said ‘at times’. Ten Hag just got the fans riled up mentioning time wasting and made a rod for his own back. Hardly Fergie’like with his mind games :lol: 

I think other managers are starting to fear us now.

There was a good analysis on MOTD. Ten Haag decided to stop Bruno by getting McTominay to do a man-to-man marking job on him, but it didn't work. Bruno is good at taking advantage of that pressure, acting like a matador. Sabitzer and Fernandes were then left in the holding roles, but acted like a pair of revolving doors as our midfield just ran right past them.

Basically, Ten Haag was sufficiently rattled to make some negative decisions, which backfired. 

Edited by Cronky

I don’t understand what the game plan was for them? I don’t believe that ETH believes we are the team he said, did they try to ride it out and rely on their attackers taking their chances and ours floundering? De Gea making that incredible save in the first half should have been the wake up call if it hadn’t sounded numerous times for them already, you change it up then. 

Our style is hard to combat, you either sit off or match it which is ideally what we want. It’s also hard to get right week after week but we seem to now by and large. 

31 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fair play for sticking around amongst all the abuse :lol: 

FWIW, I thought Martinez was incredible. I don’t want to like him. Yet every game I see him. He seems to impress me more and more. Shame

about the rest of your gutless fucks on the day. 

Martinez is an amazing player, he’s the only player I would have in our starting 11 

21 minutes ago, Ste said:

I don’t understand what the game plan was for them? I don’t believe that ETH believes we are the team he said, did they try to ride it out and rely on their attackers taking their chances and ours floundering? De Gea making that incredible save in the first half should have been the wake up call if it hadn’t sounded numerous times for them already, you change it up then. 

Our style is hard to combat, you either sit off or match it which is ideally what we want. It’s also hard to get right week after week but we seem to now by and large. 

A friendly reminder we were missing Eriksen and Casemiro and had Wout Weghorst up front. :lol: Two emergency loan signings in the lineup and Scott McTominay as the midfield destroyer. Dalot vs ASM due to the illness of AWB. Our strongest option off the bench in Garnacho also injured. Harsh to criticise Ten Hag.

We are going to lose some games. We might get away with it against the likes of Fulham but against well drilled sides like yourselves we will sometimes get outplayed and consequently battered.

That was our 47th game of the season. :lol: It's the 3rd of April. We've already one cup in the bag, competing for two more and are favourites for top four. Ten Hag has rarely got it wrong, and he's doing incredibly well. We were just beaten by the better side on the day. 

19 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Martinez is an amazing player, he’s the only player I would have in our starting 11 

He is great, but in the first half the main threat was lofted balls into the box. We were getting bullied everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A friendly reminder we were missing Eriksen and Casemiro and had Wout Weghorst up front. :lol: Two emergency loan signings in the lineup and Scott McTominay as the midfield destroyer. Dalot vs ASM due to the illness of AWB. Our strongest option off the bench in Garnacho also injured. Harsh to criticise Ten Hag.

We are going to lose some games. We might get away with it against the likes of Fulham but against well drilled sides like yourselves we will sometimes get outplayed and consequently battered.

That was our 47th game of the season. :lol: It's the 3rd of April. We've already one cup in the bag, competing for two more and are favourites for top four. Ten Hag has rarely got it wrong, and he's doing incredibly well. We were just beaten by the better side on the day. 

Even you couldn’t tell the game plan then [emoji38]

Just now, SweMag said:

Even you couldn’t tell the game plan then [emoji38]

I think it's harsh to suggest there was no plan. 

I think the right thing to say is that whatever the plan was, we just weren't allowed to execute it.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Im not criticising as such, I’m wondering what their plan was? It felt like the game was allowed to be taken from them with no real answer except the last ditch subs at the end. 

1 minute ago, Ste said:

Im not criticising as such, I’m wondering what their plan was? It felt like the game was allowed to be taken from them with no real answer except the last ditch subs at the end. 

I would imagine the plan was to play on the break and nick a goal with Rashford and then try and see the game out. Trippier had Rashford on toast though.

One criticism I would have of Ten Hag is the constant swapping of the forward positions. At one point Fernandes was on the left, Rashford was the right, Antony was through the middle and Weghorst was #10. As soon as Sancho came on I immediately wished we had Antony back on the pitch, as bad as he was. 

Delighted to see Martial back at least.

Man utd were very lucky yesterday. Very lucky they didn't concede seven again, they were that bad. Just in case any man utd fans didn't watch MoTD last night, Shearer was in a very cheerful mood. 

Honestly the fucking rancid cunts should be happy we are not putting away the chances we got. Should have been 5-0 at least. And if any of their cunty supporters whine about not having casemiro and erikssen. Your fucking shit club got outplayed by Longstaff and willock all over the pitch. Burn made Antony look like a 5 million pound flop, same with rashford and Sancho. You’ve seen the famous united now fuck off back to London cunts.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

If only you poor sods had the finances to build a squad over the last few years. :lol:

14 hours ago, Froggy said:

image.png

Edited by TK-421

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

McFred was the obvious and correct move in midfield. Maybe even Sabitzer as well and Fernandes further up. We've got legs and workrate in midfield and you put a 10 in there and Sabitzer and we outran you all game.

Dalot needed protection from the winger not the centreback. That was a mistake.

And his substitutions killed the game.

Ten Hag's done a decent job but his record away from home against decent sides is awful