West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

19 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Was at that 4-1 game, we created loads and couldn't score, Dyer ran them ragged believe it or not

That's the game I was at, not the 1-5 one so couldn't say for sure. Down to ten too. Was very frustrating but strangely positiive too with the fight.

Sir Bobby's fire in his post match was fantastic along the lines of 'you wouldn't know who was down to to ten' - Lineker made some glib comment back in the studio like 'you got stuffed Bobby' and remember argueing with people that weren't there that we were actually pretty good.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't wait for the Ando goal reaction compilation for this season. :lol: Nothing I love more than just hearing him laughing in the background when we score.

As someone who’s only exposure to Radio Newcastle is those videos I’ve really enjoyed them this season. Razor is a really good commentator. Mick Lowes in the absolute mud.

I don't mind Moyes at all.

He often seems to have these seasons though - was like this at Everton, over-achieve, then under achieve. Good solid mid-table and cut out all the mood swings would probably be better for him. Victim of his own success, or maybe regulator of his own under-achievement I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

As someone who’s only exposure to Radio Newcastle is those videos I’ve really enjoyed them this season. Razor is a really good commentator. Mick Lowes in the absolute mud.

That Palace Cup game was only on the radio so I listened to that, but it's still really good. I've said it before but Razor could go far if he wanted to, he's very, very good.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s genius when Isak holds his run because he anticipates that Fabianski is about to play the ball. He could easily chase and run under the ball and not score. Guy is unreal. 

Spot on. Unreal anticipation and reading of the situation

Thought Rice was good again. He’d improve us if he came here. Was let down by his teammates.

Paqueta is quicker and stronger than Bruno and has good feet and technique. He just doesn’t make himself important the way Bruno does. Don’t know if that’s a systemic problem with WHam (the table would tell you it is). Paqueta certainly didn’t look like he’s worth what they paid for him whereas Bruno looks about 4 times the fee.

The WHam team doesn’t look like it’s been put together with any clear plan/identity. Seems quite disparate.

That being said, we have made quite a few teams look a lot less than the sum of their parts so playing against us is clearly a f***ing nightmare.

On 04/04/2023 at 18:51, HaydnNUFC said:

Watched the game back again, fuck sake Howe coached another 7-0 worthy drubbing. Long for a game where we cash in on our xG and chances created and absolutely fucking murder someone by 4 or 5+ goals.

FXvdixHUIAQvcUJ.thumb.jpg.b6c2f1c3eea31b856aa07cd295ec44fc.jpg

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't wait for the Ando goal reaction compilation for this season. :lol: Nothing I love more than just hearing him laughing in the background when we score.

He's familiar with the term laughter is the best medicine. 

2 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

I get what you mean. I didn't even celebrate Wilsons header initially, felt like that would get VAR'd. So many goals now where you have to wait a second. Obviously VAR got it right tonight, but that initial reaction  is starting to be diluted a bit, for fear of something being checked.

Same, re: Wilson. I'm at the point of instinctively doing it with every goal now, pretty much regardless of the circumstances.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

hahahahaha jellied eel scranning meff

I spy with my little eye, a Scouser with a temper.

Wasn't able to watch the match live so recorded it and avoided my phone to not see the score.

The last time I did something similar was in 2007 when we played Portsmouth and I watched MOTD not knowing what was to come, we were 3 nil down after only 11 minutes so that was an absolute disaster.

Was a part of me worried that would happen today but had absolutely nothing to worry about. Even when Zouma scored I was confident we'd still win and scoring so soon after kick off was so relaxing.

7 hours ago, nemtizz said:

That's the definition of a ping from Schar, what are they talking about?

Basically the same goal as Liverpools second against us, where TAA was heralded as the second coming of christ for splitting our centre backs with a raker. Klopp had stitched Eddie up tactically and there were many amounts of jizz spewn about how clinical Liverpool were.

West Ham’s defending was shite but the ball and run were inch perfect.

Edited by Hanshithispantz