West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

I thought we were in for a difficult second half, but the third goal knocked the stuffing out of them. Moyes will have a hard time getting them to recover from this result.

Murphy no longer looks out of place in this side.

A lot of their fans were leaving when it was still 3-1 with quite a long time to go. 

We were absolutely unreal and yesterday's performance basically ensured me we're getting top 4. West Ham were horrific, they've spent a pretty penny under Moyes also.

That Paqueta looked wank.

25 minutes ago, Menace said:

We were absolutely unreal and yesterday's performance basically ensured me we're getting top 4. West Ham were horrific, they've spent a pretty penny under Moyes also.

I thought he was their best player by a mile.

Just now, Magpie said:

I thought he was their best player by a mile.

That strike to Pope’s right post was actually a really good save as he couldn’t see clearly through the bodies. Paqueta caught it sweetly. Wouldn’t expect Pope to get beaten there but there’ll have been a bunch of goals scored this season where keepers have misjudged shots like that 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What was with Sky insisting Schar's through ball to Joelinton was lucky? He's been playing those kinds of passes all season. There was almost an identical one away to Spurs that led to a Big Joe penalty shout. 

They don't watch us enough. Schar is one of the best passers in the team.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Does xG take into account the fact Isak had an open goal or does it just think he scored from 20/30 yards

It will definitely take in the distance from goal in consideration.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Does xG take into account the fact Isak had an open goal or does it just think he scored from 20/30 yards

Think its a mix of both, Isak's goal had an xG of 0.07, and you'd think it'd be lower if the keeper was in goal.

Wilsons second goal had an xG of 0.96 by comparison :lol:

Guest reefatoon
56 minutes ago, Menace said:

They don't watch us enough. Schar is one of the best passers in the team.

Totally agree, and he definitely meant that ball through. But his passing in the first half was awful, he kept walloping it into no man’s land, was very unlike him.

I know he scored but Kurt Zouma put in one of the worst centre back displays ive seen in a good while like. Wilson was his man for the first goal, he let Joelinton waltz through for the second and his defending for our 5th, where he backed off and allowed Joelinton time and space to shoot was woeful. 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

Funny how we all see the game differently. I thought Paqueta played very well and one of their 3 best players alongside Rice and Bowen. Thought Bruno was struggling to get hold of midfield until the second half. Posed a bit which I was worried about when facing Paqueta. At best he was was pacing himself knowing we have Brentford Saturday. Have a funny feeling Targett might start Saturday.