Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

Just now, brummie said:

I'm not commenting till at least Tuesday.

I know when to keep my head down.

Your lads looked brilliant and we looked rather shite all over the pitch. These things happen.

We've been getting away with a slow back four and no DM all season, but today we came unstuck. They dominated us physically.

I don't think it was particularly down to a bad performance by us. If that had happened against one of the big six, we'd be accepting it. But we don't expect that from a team outside that group. However, they've been getting a string of good results recently, and we could see why.

The fact is, our team has been over-achieving for the last 15 months. Let's not get too despondent when we lose to a good side away from home.

Edited by Cronky

Frustrating that we didn't seem to have any answer to Moreno, Buendia or Watkins being given the freedom of the park all game

Individually and collectively the back 4 were dreadful

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Fair play, you must be thrilled watching that though. It was outstanding from Villa, nice football as well.

It's difficult to pinpoint anything because if one thing had been okay, something else would have undone it.

Howe lost the tactical battle 

Villa's players were on it

Our players performed terribly, especially Schär and Botman 

Take away even 2 out of those 3 and we still possibly lose.

No complaints whatsoever. Could have been 3-0 in the first half alone, except the woodwork saved us. Plenty to dissect from our performance, alarming how poor we looked on both flanks, not just Burn's side. Although Spurs have been largely shit, Kane is digging them out of holes constantly so we'll need to be much improved next week. Confident we will, and that we'll secure top 4. This game was just a bump in the road.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

:lol: you're one of the good ones, thoroughly deserved the win today, Villa looked quality we were absolutely shocking, nothing for you to hide from.

SOB ON THE TYNE PT.3 

WHO'S YOUR NEXT MESSIAH? ANT OR DEC

3-0 TO THE VILLA BOYS GET IN :D

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND GEORDIE BOYS, NOW YOU GOTTA WATCH A WEEKEND OF FOOTY KNOWING YA LOST

CHEER UP ALAN SHEARER

WE SENT YOU DOWN, WE SENT YOU DOWN

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Nah mate, you are sound. Deserved win for you and wow, what a change Emery has been for you. Have a great Saturday evening!

I know people are going on about the poor starts last couple of games, but when you play away from home to top half teams, they're going to come out. We reacted well to it last week, this week was one game too far. We started on fire against Man U and West Ham so I'm not that concerned. 

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

We've been getting away with a slow back four and no DM all season, but today we came unstuck. They dominated us physically.

I don't think it was particularly down to a bad performance by us. If that had happened against one of the big six, we'd be accepting it. But we don't expect that from a team outside that group. However, they've been getting a string of good results recently, and we could see why.

The fact is, our team has been over-achieving for the last 15 months. Let's get too despondent when we lose to a good side away from home.

Agree about the back four being a bit ponderous, Villa really exploited it.

Just now, sobbytyne said:

SOB ON THE TYNE PT.3 

WHO'S YOUR NEXT MESSIAH? ANT OR DEC

3-0 TO THE VILLA BOYS GET IN :D

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND GEORDIE BOYS, NOW YOU GOTTA WATCH A WEEKEND OF FOOTY KNOWING YA LOST

CHEER UP ALAN SHEARER

WE SENT YOU DOWN, WE SENT YOU DOWN

Seen the league table fella? Least I don’t have to live in a shit hole like Aston you absolute spastic 

6 minutes ago, ASaltyMag said:

SOB ON THE TYNE!!!! 

3-0 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA NEWCASTLE UNITED, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE SHIT

6 minutes ago, ASaltyMag said:

3-0 TO THE VILLA BOYS

WHO'S YOUR NEXT MESSIAH ANT OR DEC?

SOB ON THE TYNE

Definitely @brummie's burner.