Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

6 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Why would anyone blame Burn, he's not picking himself to play left back which is not his position. 

I have no idea, you’d have to ask someone else 

This shit used to be the rule, now it's the exception. We just finished off three away games in a row and just came off a five game win streak. I'm glad this came now and not in May in the run-in. Now we gotta rest up and reset.

This game was a blip. We're not at our ceiling yet. 

It's been deflating today, for sure. But let's not over-analyse things. Who knows? We may go on another winning run from next week onwards. Teams around us may drop points today. Eddie & co will pick the bones out of today's no-show and prepare the lads for next week. 

Teams thrive on positivity. Let's stay that way for as long as it takes. The future is unwritten. There's only just over a month of this season left - and then we'll know where we are and what we've got to do over the summer. 

As a couple of others have said, really hope that game wasn't the laying out of a blueprint of exactly what teams need to do to outmanoeuvre us tactically. 

It looked like that from minute one tbh - their positional play in particular completely negated our press and also prevented us from getting any kind of foothold in the game. 

Say what you like, but we are a class act off the pitch. No bitching about villa. No sore losers. No excuses.

It's a great mentality to have.... its a shame the likes of Brentford and Man United didn't have this attitude when losing.

I thought that Gordon had a very slight limp in the first half. Bruno seems to be carrying an injury. Big Joe, for me, is far better in central midfield.  We just looked a yard off the pace in every department. Pope is beginning to look very suspect and it could be affecting our defenders.

Sometimes you can learn more from losing than you do from winning.

Villa fans need to hope that their club has big ambitions over the next 12 to 18 months or Emery will be away. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Boehly tried to prise him away in 6 weeks' time.

Just now, toontownman said:

Aston Villa exploring our end of the pitch during today's game.

1aB7.gif

We were absolutely rancid today. Let's hope we can recover back at SJP. We need to. 

I believe we will and our 12th man will help greatly ???