Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

Just saw the scoreline. Disappointing but Villa are truly a changed side at the minute, much like we were when Eddie finally clicked into gear. As was mentioned, it's still impressive how it's perhaps been more than a year since we were dominated like this.

Plus if you told me we'd get 9 of 12 points from this run especially after our post-world cup slump, I'd snap that hand off:

Man Utd (H)

West Ham (A)

Brentford (A)

Villa (A)

Hope we lick the wounds, learn, and move to the next.

Edited by Dyeyzzon

29 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Or that you’re just a tit in general

Is suggesting that Emery is the better coach heresy to you? I'm not looking to belittle Howe who's been fantastic, but Emery has done an incredible job since taking over Villa.

Edited by Turnbull2000

35 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Is suggesting that Emery is the better coach heresy to you? I'm not looking to belittle Howe who's been fantastic, but Emery has done an incredible job since taking over Villa.

Newcastle United were dead last in the league a while ago. :lol: Some people have short memories. 

Edited by Pata

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Villa fans need to hope that their club has big ambitions over the next 12 to 18 months or Emery will be away. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Boehly tried to prise him away in 6 weeks' time.

This. Think Emery will be at Chelsea next season.

I’ve read nowt of this thread, but we were diabolical today. That first 45 might be the worst I’ve seen us play under Howe. Everything they mustered up was as a result of us doing something daft.

Performance hasn’t been great recently. I think we needed a kick up the arse, so I’m hoping this is the catalyst.

2 minutes ago, christ said:

I’ve read nowt of this thread, but we were diabolical today. That first 45 might be the worst I’ve seen us play under Howe. Everything they mustered up was as a result of us doing something daft.

Performance hasn’t been great recently. I think we needed a kick up the arse, so I’m hoping this is the catalyst.

Eh? Define “recently”?

Wolves at home = Good deserved win

Forest away = Excellent performance and deserved win

Man Utd home = played them off the park and won

West Ham away = largely very good performance, barring about 20 poor minutes.

Brentford away = poor first half, excellent second half

Villa away = very poor

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Eh? Define “recently”?

Wolves at home = Good deserved win

Forest away = Excellent performance and deserved win

Man Utd home = played them off the park and won

West Ham away = largely very good performance, barring about 20 poor minutes.

Brentford away = poor first half, excellent second half

Villa away = very poor

Man United aside we’ve been pretty patchy. We’ve won, but if we’re honest a result like this was coming.

1 hour ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I can’t get used to losing any more. It used to be brushed off and life went on.

Now it really fucking stings. 

It's because we have our club back. We never gave a shit when we were shit and Mike Ashley was in charge.

2 hours ago, christ said:

Agree with this. Anyone spinning this as a criticism of Howe is a DC, though. We’ll come back stronger.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Agree with this. Anyone spinning this as a criticism of Howe is a DC, though. We’ll come back stronger.

Original post was never meant to be a criticism of Howe in the first place either. Today was a failure in execution, not ethos. A yard off all over the pitch.