Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

51 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

All the Everton fans I know personally are absolutely sound lads. Can’t say the same for Liverpool fans mind.

All the Everon and Liverpool fans I know are sound. It's the  ones I don't know that are a fucking nightmare and its happened to me and others too many times on Merseyside to be just a random thing.

Ridiculously nervous. Was saying to the Mrs last night this is much worse than fighting relegation and I don't even know why :lol: 

As others have touched on, I'd have Gordon nowhere near the squad tonight. Give them absolutely no reason whatsoever to be even more fired up.

Actually think having Lascelles could be a blessing due to their incoming aerial bombardment.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Ridiculously nervous. Was saying to the Mrs last night this is much worse than fighting relegation and I don't even know why :lol: 

Hmm, I guess I am the opposite. Not with the nerves, also really nervous for this one. But I can actually calm the nerves by thinking about how I felt at this stage in these recent seasons where these games have been all about trying to claw our way to safety. This by comparison is so much better. 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Hmm, I guess I am the opposite. Not with the nerves, also really nervous for this one. But I can actually calm the nerves by thinking about how I felt at this stage in these recent seasons where these games have been all about trying to claw our way to safety. This by comparison is so much better. 

I'm just a self-proclaimed wet-wipe though, struggling to shift my mentality from the Ashley era, which covered my entire late-teens/20s. Just wish Liverpool would fuck off.

Saying that if we beat this lot tonight even I'll relax a tad, for an hour or so :lol: 

Thank fuck we have players like Tripper, Bruno and Isak, who not only don't seem to play with pressure but also having a calming influence on those around them.

Just give Bruno the ball FFS. [emoji38]

Just now, TBG said:

Those advocating for Gordon not being involved.

Is it this fixture only, or will it be an ongoing thing with Everton away (on the basis they stay up) 

Long term tbh. Ferguson apparently stopped playing Rooney at Goodison because it fired up their crowd and they were dropping points. They stopped playing him and their results improved. 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Thank fuck we have players like Tripper, Bruno and Isak, who not only don't seem to play with pressure but also having a calming influence on those around them

Yep. Team is full of players with that winning/big game mentality now. Longstaff mentioned in that Athletic piece on him that in every pre-game huddle Trippier says 'pressure is a privilege'.

5 minutes ago, TBG said:

Is it this fixture only, or will it be an ongoing thing with Everton away (on the basis they stay up) 

I think tonight is probably higher stakes than a 'typical' game, and I'd probably have less problem putting him in the squad if it was say a 14:00 Sunday game.

Given it's his first meeting with them since leaving, they're planning all sorts of fan-based shit pre-match, it's a night game with relegation/CL implications, we're best to leave him out imo.

That Xhaka/TAA incident at Anfield on Easter Sunday riled the home crowd up to claw back a 2 goal deficit and maybe even stopped Arsenal winning the league. I know Liverpool have a much better squad than Everton but fan power is huge in football imo, granted not all the time.

Hopefully it's similar to when we played Portsmouth under Shearer in 08/09. Evening game, that fella singing Blaydon Races, everyone up for it and we fail to win.

52 minutes ago, TBG said:

Those advocating for Gordon not being involved.

I had the thought, but purely this game only. He's not in form, he's still new to the system and finding his feet. It's his first game going back there for us. Maybe its not worth the risk of being targetted and triggered in to making an emotional mistake, getting a red card etc.

It's a loose argument, and one I'm not too fussed over. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

No, Isak will start.

Do you think? Feels like a similar week to the London week where we had 3 games in 6 days where Wilson started at West Ham.

I know this has an extra days rest but feels like it might be a good time to start Wilson and put Isak back in Sunday.