Newcastle United 0-2 Arsenal (07/05/2023)

Disco

I honestly thought they were just more “street smart” than us and that was the difference between the two.
When they went a goal up they then just time wasted and controlled the game.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Christ, we edged everything except the scoreline. It didn't feel that way tbh.

Sums up the quality of the opponent tbh. 

We played well, like. The big chances we created weren't flukes or out of keeping with the game; it was even but they (deservedly) pinched it.

Just hope we work on our defence again, not only for the remaining games, but also over the summer, for the future. Ever since we lost that clean sheet record, the defence has been wobbly and not as strong as in that clean sheet run. Yes we have the best defensive record but it has not been as steely as it once was.

Entire team besides Pope felt a little hungover today. Not that they didn't want it but the precision wasn't there when it was needed. Don't really feel I can praise anyones performance today but Pope's and maybe Trippier. Isak was okay but didn't nearly feel as good as he normally is, was quite sloppy on a lot of actions.

But can't expect to never have a bad day and its Arsenal.

It would’ve been a much different match had that early Murphy chance gone in. But football is cruel like that. 

I’m just happy to know that when we play like that now that it’s just a blip and not the sign of longer form. 

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The general reaction by pundits is they just watched a great game of football between two very good teams and, on the whole the right team probably won today, but it could have gone either way. 

Somehow some on here think the sky is falling. 

Exactly, in sport you win and can also lose and you need to take defeats on the chin. We didn’t play badly, we score early doors and the game changes. You can analyse things til the cows come home. The players will learn a lot from today. 

In the end, we weren't quite good enough. I didn't think it was a bad performance overall though. They just have certain class players who gave them the edge at certain times. 

We're still in with a great chance of top four. No need to panic.

13 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Arsenal aren’t anywhere near as good as we’ve made them look there. Poor performance. It happens.

Isak and Wilson together is never a plan A, mind. Baffling decision first time against that opposition.

We’ve had a great campaign and might still get 4th but if we’re looking to be critical, we had £45m to spend in January on a player to consolidate the phenomenal first half of the season and apparently we’ve spent it on a player behind Jacob effing Murphy in the pecking order. Leeds now a must win.

Sigh.

What horse shit you come out with these days.

Only difference today is a longshot that goes between a defenders legs and an own goal.

Nothing wrong with the formation or missing any players.

Two hits in the post and multiple good saves by Ramsdale.

Just now, toon25 said:

Sigh.

What horse shit you come out with these days.

So we’re not allowed to say what could be better, just because we’ve had a great season? :lol: Soz I’ve upset you again.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

In the end, we weren't quite good enough. I didn't think it was a bad performance overall though. They just have certain class players who gave them the edge at certain times. 

We're still in with a great chance of top four. No need to panic.

A few of our players below par and not taking chances early doors. We’ll almost certainly still get top four and unlikely they’ll win the league. Let’s move on.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Who were Arsenal playing? Haven't mentioned them on Sky yet

More pertinently, why would you stay tuned in to that obvious bias after the game has finished?

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The general reaction by pundits is they just watched a great game of football between two very good teams and, on the whole the right team probably won today, but it could have gone either way. 

Somehow some on here think the sky is falling. 

I know and as I said this morning - my opinion is great season and we’ve established Europe so anything else is just the “creme de la monfe” on top.