Newcastle United 0-2 Arsenal (07/05/2023)

Disco

Just now, Ronson333 said:

Neville with one of most biased commentating I’ve heard for a long time. 

Been amazed by this tbh. Always been ridiculously biased on Man United games obviously - but apart from that I've always thought he's been reasonably impartial. Pathetic today

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Can we stop pushing and just play football 

We definitely need to dial down the shithousery. It gets silly at times and IMO doesn’t help us in these games. 

I would actually consider signing an older CM as well as whatever young ones we have on the radar. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Better team won today - but that was a cracking games enjoyed it even though we lost.  It’s great fun watching us play like this.  I thought the referee always had a good game and let it play most of the time. 

:serious:

Disappointing and painful but not one to dwell on. We played alright but were beaten by a much better team. Arsenal were excellent and beat us at our own game. 

7 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

Did Man City’s fan just pop up? ?

Quite a character arc, from first to (what I assume to be their) last post :lol:

Anyway, as for today... someone summed it up best (imo) that we'll get what we deserve. If we somehow don't finish top 4 it'll be because we fucked it, nothing else ?‍♂️

Edited by Elric

Great game. Our time will come. Their squad is much better but we also didn't take out chances and were unlucky at times. A running theme that likely could have pushed us closer to the title race if things were the other side of the post.

All credit to the Arsenal scum. They were good today and after their goal we were ultimately poor. 

I thought we were ok. On another day with different luck it could have gone the other way. Bruno wasn't on song like normal, but most others had a decent enough game against strong opposition. 

I'm still not too worried about 5 points from the next four matches.

Worst game bruno has played for us. Far too many mistakes all round, we just haven’t quite reached the quality we need to compete equally with the top two…

It will come!

Massively frustrating game. Couple of inches on any of about 4 shots and I honestly think momentum takes us to 3 points there.

Have to lift them for Saturday. Still in our hands 

5 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Stinking performance from Bruno. Everyone has bad games, but very unimpressed at his attitude, feels like he knows he’s not playing well and just thinks fuck it.

Yeah, I can forgive bad performances and he's a great player, but he kept trying daft things under little pressure when there were easy options on. Just stupid 

Just now, toontownman said:

Great game. Our time will come. Their squad is much better but we also didn't take out chances and were unlucky at times. A running theme that likely could have pushed us closer to the title race if things were the other side of the post.

All credit to the Arsenal scum. They were good today and after their goal we were ultimately poor. 

:ben:

1 minute ago, Dr. TC said:

I thought we were ok. On another day with different luck it could have gone the other way. Bruno wasn't on song like normal, but most others had a decent enough game against strong opposition. 

I'm still not too worried about 5 points from the next four matches.

It wasn’t that bad, it was just frustrating because their goals arrived at great times for them.