Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Wilson is an excellent option to watch from the bench, read the game and come on against tired legs. That, basically, should be his new role at the club. Especially post-summer when hopefully we’ll have bought players to help get the best out of Isak centrally.

Can't argue with this. He'll still start plenty of games next season when we're in Europe/cups, but should definitely be transitioning to full super-sub.

We need to approach this like the Everton game, Leeds will see this as a must win and the crowd will be on their side pushing them for a fast start.

if we can see that out and then look to take control. 

42 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I think he’ll go back to Wilson or Isak (hopefully Isak). Longstaff being back is massive for us, we can go to our settled midfield with excellent options off the bench. 

Longstaff isn't back. He can't even get his boot on.

I'd like to see us go for these from the off, don't let them settle and blow the doors off early.

They'll be set up to keep it tight and nick a goal from a set piece or an error.

It does feel a bit like the Everton game in that the crowd and the occasion could play a part, but we should have way too much quality for them.

The key to this game is managing the atmosphere. We know what a great atmosphere can do for a team... it can raise them 10-20%. There's two ways to approach it... go all out for an early goal to kill the atmosphere dead, or weather an early 15 minute storm and then go on to play our normal game.

Either way, it's not by any stretch going to be an easy game, but if we manage the atmosphere we certainly have enough to win.

It will be interesting how fat Sam sets they set up for this.  I imagine sit back and go on the break but they could be better off giving it a go at home getting the crowd behind them. 

I like Isak and Wilson on the pitch together but it doesn’t give us as good of a plan b.  ASM could be key in this one but maybe isn’t ready to start. 

it’s going to be another long week. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

47 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Longstaff isn't back. He can't even get his boot on.

I hope we’re kicking off behind the scenes on this.  Var is an absolute joke when teams are getting penalties for near nothing and we lose a player for weeks and don’t get one. 

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

Playing on the counter against this Leed's team? What. 

Not sure if you’re reply to me.  I meant how fat Sam sets up. Edited my post to make that clear. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

37 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The key to this game is managing the atmosphere. We know what a great atmosphere can do for a team... it can raise them 10-20%. There's two ways to approach it... go all out for an early goal to kill the atmosphere dead, or weather an early 15 minute storm and then go on to play our normal game.

Either way, it's not by any stretch going to be an easy game, but if we manage the atmosphere we certainly have enough to win.

Almost need to approach it like Arsenal did yesterday. Get through the early period, grow into the game, let our quality show over the 90.

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Almost need to approach it like Arsenal did yesterday. Get through the early period, grow into the game, let our quality show over the 90.

Arsenal where very fortunate to get out of that early period though tbh.