Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Fair do for calling out the hypocrisy of some peoples comments. Everybody does what they have to do within the rules of the game to make sure they secure the points.

Arsenal/man city/ manure etc. are absolutely no different other than their respective squad quality is a lot higher so it's not required maybe as often as we deploy it.

On fat Sam though, he doesn't strike me as someone who has had his finger on the pulse since he left football.

"Fancy a go at keeping Leeds up Sam?"

"Aye why not I've nowt else on this month"

“I have said to the players and I’ll say it now, when we come off the field on Saturday, we can’t afford to lose. We must get something” 

Perhaps they are going to try to draw their way to safety. 

Sam Allardyce says the fear of relegation should motive his Leeds United side to fight, as they prepare to host Newcastle United on Saturday.

With three matches remaining, Leeds sit 19th in the Premier League table, two points from safety.

"The fear needs to drive them on," said Leeds manager Allardyce.

"The fear of relegation and the fear of losing Premier League status should make them fight and want to fight for their Premier League status."

Leeds' final two matches see them travel to face West Ham next week before hosting Tottenham Hotspur on the final day of the season and Allardyce admitted he would be pleased just to have a chance of staying up on the final day.

"We have nine points to go for [and] I would be very satisfied if we were still in it when we take on Tottenham," he said.

Eddie Howe's Magpies are the visitors to Elland Road for Allardyce's first home game since taking charge last week.

Newcastle are third in the table and pushing for Champions League qualification, something Allardyce had ambitions of overseeing during his time in charge of the club.

"Was I disappointed? Yes," he said, referring to being dismissed at Newcastle in 2008.

"[It was a] massive knockback but I always recover and move on. 

"It was a blow to my career at that point in time and I wanted to take [the club] to where it is now. That was the ambition of me and [previous owner] Freddie Shepherd at the time."

Good omens for Leeds and Allardyce

Since Allardyce's departure from Newcastle, he has managed five different sides against the Magpies.

His 13 wins against the North East side are more than against any other club in his managerial career and in his last five fixtures against the Magpies - with three different clubs - he has won three times and drawn twice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65557848

Edited by Matt1892

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Sam Allardyce says the fear of relegation should motive his Leeds United side to fight, as they prepare to host Newcastle United on Saturday.

With three matches remaining, Leeds sit 19th in the Premier League table, two points from safety.

"The fear needs to drive them on," said Leeds manager Allardyce.

"The fear of relegation and the fear of losing Premier League status should make them fight and want to fight for their Premier League status.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65557848

Some of those players won't be to fussed , their agents will find other premier League clubs to take them on.

6 hours ago, Viana said:

Craig Hope with a scathing piece on his time at Newcastle. I can see him getting the Simon Bird treatment Saturday.

"Dyer had clashed with Barton. During a pre-season five-a-side, Barton said to him, ‘You think you’re f***ing Pele’, to which he replied, ‘I am f***ing Pele, compared to you’."

[emoji38]

This Hope article..

"Fan favourite Nobby Solano was pulled aside by Allardyce and told he was not needed" -- I thought Solano wanted to leave?

"When the free transfer of Geremi from Chelsea was mooted, Sir Bobby Robson tried to warn the club, relaying a phone call with Jose Mourinho in which the midfielder’s ‘40-year-old’s legs’ were questioned. To think, the alternative was a 21-year-old from Croatia called Luka Modric. That was until Ashley, realising the extent of the club’s debt, put the freeze on spending." -- Wasn't the Modric deal under Keegan not Allardyce?

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

31 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Whats with the Hope hate? I think he's class.

Is it not coz he often spouts shite with misleading headlines and is a simp for the fascists by writing for that rag?

54 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Sinking feeling about this one mind. 

Me too !!

I think we should score at least six goals against them, but I fear we will probably only get two or three !!!