Leeds United vs. Newcastle United: 13/05/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

a win will put us five points clear of Man U and most importantly, six points clear of fifth placed Liverpool with only three games left to play.

All of the pressure will be piled on Jurgen Klopp and Erik ten Hag, along with their players.

LETS DO THIS NEWCASTLE.

39 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

a win will put us five points clear of Man U and most importantly, six points clear of fifth placed Liverpool with only three games left to play.

All of the pressure will be piled on Jurgen Klopp and Erik ten Hag, along with their players.

LETS DO THIS NEWCASTLE.

This :indi:

I think whatever we do Liverpool are playing without pressure in free hit land, to be honest.

Very confident we win this though, so not concerning myself with that however.

15 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I'd be seriously pissed off if Big Sam stopped us from getting the 3 points here

The only thing Big Sam is going to be stopping is his players going home after we smash them 5-1. They’re going to watch and rewatch Isak humiliate them 

13 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Win this one and we’ll do it easy.

Aye. If we can get 3 points here I think that will give us the momentum to roll into Brighton on Thursday and beat them which, whilst not mathematically, is game over for other sides hoping  we drop out the top 4. Although (unless I'm mistaken) we win this and Brighton, and Liverpool don't beat Leicester then that would actually fully confirm top 4?  

Anyway, think this all comes down to getting an early goal. We do that and they have to try and come out and play we could smash them by 3 or 4. If they manage to keep it tight & cagey it could be slog. Good thing for us is even a draw isn't really good enough for Leeds at this point. At some point they're going to need to come at us, which will leave openings. Nightmare scenario is them getting an early goal then sitting with 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Aye. If we can get 3 points here I think that will give us the momentum to roll into Brighton on Thursday and beat them which, whilst not mathematically, is game over for other sides hoping  we drop out the top 4. Although (unless I'm mistaken) we win this and Brighton, and Liverpool don't beat Leicester then that would actually fully confirm top 4?  

Anyway, think this all comes down to getting an early goal. We do that and they have to try and come out and play we could smash them by 3 or 4. If they manage to keep it tight & cagey it could be slog. Good thing for us is even a draw isn't really good enough for Leeds at this point. At some point they're going to need to come at us, which will leave openings. Nightmare scenario is them getting an early goal then sitting with 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game. 

Yeah - if Liverpool draw then they can get max 69 points and if we win those two we'll have 71

I don't think anyone else (aside from Man Utd of course) could catch us at that point.

Just play at our level or close to, and handle the pressure and play in a relaxed way and i'm 100% sure we will win this. Football however doesn't always work like that.

The fat-headed corrupt fraud is second only to the Corbridge cabbage-head in my most hated-manager stakes and I have been worried all week about this due to him being in charge!

However, if we turn up, we'll turn them over comfortably!

Howay the Lads!

As someone said on another thread, win on Saturday and it's better than drawing with Arsenal and then Leeds.

Feels like I've thought this a million times but it really does have the feel of our biggest game of the season - certainly in defining what happens. Win and two back-to-back home games to get 4 points. Party time. Win and we're 6 clear of 5th with 9 points to play for.

Draw/lose it will probably go to the final day, although we should definitely be looking to beat Brighton & Leicester if we draw and that would also be enough.

You never know, Leicester could do us a favour on Monday night....

It has been interesting listening to the post-match commentary following the Arsenal defeat. There seems to be an acceptance of sorts that we did lose our heads in the second half, in the face of Arsenal deploying the dark arts playbook. I wonder if Allardyce will incorporate this into his game plan.

In his podcast, Wilson says that we need to win three of our remaining four games and you can guarantee we will be targeting this. Similarly, results on Monday mean that draws aren't really good enough for Leeds anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if Leeds look to slow things down, keep it tight and if they don't nudge ahead, they'll take the shackless off later in the game. This was more or less their approach at City. 

I know we have started our most recent away games relatively slowly, but we should be out of the traps quickly here. Get an early goal or two and the Big Sam game plan and the home atmosphere will wilt.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It has been interesting listening to the post-match commentary following the Arsenal defeat. There seems to be an acceptance of sorts that we did lose our heads in the second half, in the face of Arsenal deploying the dark arts playbook. I wonder if Allardyce will incorporate this into his game plan.

In his podcast, Wilson says that we need to win three of our remaining four games and you can guarantee we will be targeting this. Similarly, results on Monday mean that draws aren't really good enough for Leeds anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if Leeds look to slow things down, keep it tight and if they don't nudge ahead, they'll take the shackless off later in the game. This was more or less their approach at City. 

I know we have started our most recent away games relatively slowly, but we should be out of the traps quickly here. Get an early goal or two and the Big Sam game plan and the home atmosphere will wilt.

The whole analysis of football is stupid at times, I've heard loads say this was Arsenals best performance this season a team who lead the league, but also say this is a dip in form for us.

We hit the post twice and battered them until the goal went in, which was a low XG chance. 1 inch either side Murphy scores, Odegards shot it blocked and the narrative is Arsenal can't handle the crowd at SJP. 

Its daft.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

The whole analysis of football is stupid at times, I've heard loads say this was Arsenals best performance this season a team who lead the league, but also say this is a dip in form for us.

We hit the post twice and battered them until the goal went in, which was a low XG chance. 1 inch either side Murphy scores, Odegards shot it blocked and the narrative is Arsenal can't handle the crowd at SJP. 

Its daft.

Football is all about narratives. It was more the point that Trippier, Wilson and others lost their rag when Arsenal were taking the piss with stoppages.