Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

10 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Sorry like, but @Big Geordie and his fair-weather “supporters” comment on the other thread that’s since been locked.

Fair weather “supporters”? Really?

Go fuck yourself. 

Had the same doubts in 92 with three games to go until the end of the season fighting relegation to the third as I do now, being fair weather as fuck.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

I'm reminded of how things can go, after a period of sustained success  - Wolves at home at the end of 2003/04 - only 5000 stayed behind to clap the team, because we only finished '5th'. Robson was sacked a few months later, then we all know what came after.

Always the way with all clubs, BG - we’re no different.  

Robson shouldn’t have remained in position the following season after his retirement was announced as a lame duck manager.  

6 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I'm reminded of how things can go, after a period of sustained success  - Wolves at home at the end of 2003/04 - only 5000 stayed behind to clap the team, because we only finished '5th'. Robson was sacked a few months later, then we all know what came after.

There was two games to go, 5th or CL had not been confirmed.

The fans that were disappointed were right to be because missing out on the CL (through stupid decisions - Lua-Lua, playing Arsenal 46hours after a CL game for TV money, only signing Bowyer) caused a massive decline at the club. It wasn't just finishing 5th, it was with Abramovich on the scene squandering our seat at the top table.

I dunno if there was 5000 there, I left, but I was one of the 35,000 that stayed behind after the horrible 00/01 so I don't how that gets squared.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Also thought that Leeds pitch was shocking today. Have some respect for yourselves groundskeepers. 

Not the groundskeepers fault, hippohead told them to let the grass grow out to slow us down. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Always the way with all clubs, BG - we’re no different.  

Robson shouldn’t have remained in position the following season after his retirement was announced as a lame duck manager.  

I think moving on was right, the manner and the next appointment was the issue 

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

There was two games to go, 5th or CL had not been confirmed.

The fans that were disappointed were right to be because missing out on the CL (through stupid decisions - Lua-Lua, playing Arsenal 46hours after a CL game for TV money, only signing Bowyer) caused a massive decline at the club. It wasn't just finishing 5th, it was with Abramovich on the scene squandering our seat at the top table.

I dunno if there was 5000 there, I left, but I was one of the 35,000 that stayed behind after the horrible 00/01 so I don't how that gets squared.

For the record, I left at full time in the Wolves game, too. A season that had promised much, had so many disappointments (losing the CL qualifier at home to Partizan for me, was the biggest) Club wasn't well ran that year - mainly due to Shepherd.

45 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

This joe as a midfielder has to stop. Wide left attacking or on the bench.

Nah either side of Bruno is his best position from all the games he's payed since HE. He has looked very good wide left recently though.  Would probably have been there past 2 games if Longstaff had been fit

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

12 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Had the same doubts in 92 with three games to go until the end of the season fighting relegation to the third as I do now, being fair weather as fuck.

I was there too and had the same doubts, abeit under different circumstances. Have faith, baby (as Oddball says in Kelly's Heroes) :thup:

We played ok until the final third, but we didn't have a Gundogan to find the precision when it was needed to unlock Leeds packed defence. Never really tested their keeper even though we got the ball in and around the penalty areas plenty enough.

Our set pieces were predictably powder puff as per usual. At least we didn't lose, that's about all you can take from this one.

Inevitable that fat mess was going to get something today. I actually felt like we were going to lose today before the game, but I put money on 2-2. I’d have taken a draw before the game so fair fucks. We just played them at exactly the wrong time

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Inevitable that fat mess was going to get something today. I actually felt like we were going to lose today before the game, but I put money on 2-2. I’d have taken a draw before the game so fair fucks. We just played them at exactly the wrong time

I don't think it was inevitable, I think if we play to our full potential we win. Allardyce isn't a good manager, he's just a spoiler. Up to us to find a way through the blocks, and even more importantly, to defend better against a team which struggles to score goals.